Corrupted Fighter Builds are Dead in AoW Chapter 4

So… I half thought you were trolling and now I’m sure you are, but I’ll still respond.

I’ll be honest, I only watched the first 9 minutes of the video and I’m sorry but I’m that far in and you’ve completely lost me. I saw absolutely everything I needed to. You never used any move that required Stamina to begin with so how can you really talk about stamina use? Sure you’ve technically “perfectly mastered” Stamina management like a basketball player on the sidelines.

You used exclusively Sorcery. This is not me vs Sorcery. Obviously that can be effective. I use sorcery to aid myself too. Mostly for ambushes.

That has nothing to do with your video, though… Where to begin…

I did skim the rest of the video, so dont you worry. I’ll be accurate while I cut this down.

So let’s look at the character setup. My my, that’s some nice armor your wearing. Only 50 Stamina though? Maybe this guy is the real deal.

Well… I can’t say you’re going to win me over while using 2 avatars on a single purge while not actually take part in combat outside of chucking 100 orbs. Let’s give that bit some thought too. That seems a bit heavy, don’t you think? Look at all that gear.

But wait, you’re only at 28% Weight? Interesting for somebody who’s carrying 100 throwable orbs, 4 unplaced followers and even a teleporter that… you can’t have in your inventory unless created by Admin. Ah and that’s the sort of thing you wouldn’t want to show, isn’t it? If it is, then it defeats the purpose of proving me wrong at all if you’re just going to play as Admin. But wait- am I wrong?

Ah, but of course. You were only carrying 1000/3500 pounds. Of course you weren’t overweight.

Let’s move on from the Purge where you watched your thralls win the fight to the Maelstrom where you watched your thralls win the fight! Wait- a bow! That costs stamina. Be careful! Hold on though. We just saw that your agility is at 0. That’s going to do… next to nothing, right? Well I have no verification on this so maybe with all of the Sigils active it would be this powerful, but I don’t think you would be doing over 250 damage a shot with the Abyssal Bow at 0 Agility.

Also, those zombies seem rather powerful don’t they? Again, I dont use zombies when I fight, but you showcasing thralls with next to 60k health has me feeling this might not be natural.

You know what, everything I mentioned before would be forgivable, and I’d even just overlook it!.. if you had actually tried deconstructing my point rather than directly attacking my playstyle you’ve done nothing (not even read the initial post) to understand. I’m not talking about a Sorcery build here. I’m talking about a Corrupted Fighter build. You were playing a heavy Sorcerer who takes no part in active combat.

Also… Purges? The Maelstrom? These might be some of the most difficult PvE content the game has to offer, but they are childsplay when compared to fighting against a player with a solid understanding of PvP.

Let me cut to the point. You cannot fight any level of Purge nor Maelstrom using thralls near-exclusively and then claim the Stamina system is fine because you don’t even really use the Stamina system do you?

Lastly, I could be wrong, and you might have an extremely nice PC and server, but everything is moving extremely fluidly. I don’t think this was done in an online setting. That’s not a requirement for you to prove your build to me by any means, but it should be stated that even perfect servers do introduce some jank. Some good old Conan jank. That doesn’t even matter after everything else you did though.

TLDR:

1. You proved you’re cheating in at least one way
  2. You used 2 Avatars and no actual combat in the Purge
  3. The Maelstrom saw you bravely shooting arrows from an unhittable point you summoned
  4. You never showcased stamina management whatsoever, just an actual ignorance of it like you weren’t aware it was there
  5. You didnt show any PvP which is the biggest assault on Stamina anyways
  6. Again- no proof here, but it looks like you’re playing in single-player which is typically going to make all content easier than an online session anyways.

If you want to earn back some points, show me a video of yourself fighting a movement-heavy boss like Thag.

5 Likes