Corrupted Game files... ever since the latest update?!

i’ll give it a go :slight_smile: #spamthatbutton lol

Hi @Cadeus, you shouldn’t lose access to any DLC unlocked for your account due to such error.
Game data corruption can be the result of patching issues or disk errors, as such we’d suggest that you try to reinstall the game as a first step to dismiss the first possibility.

Our team is also currently looking into determining any other possible causes for this specific error.

3 Likes

I have reinstalled the game Multiple times after the update was released when i got the first notification of “currupted game data” installed on both external/internal hard drives and i still get this error starting the game its causing me to home screen every 25-30 minutes
Can we please get a fix!

1 Like

This is definitely not an issue with the XBox, and deleting the game save files and/or reinstalling the game does nothing to address the problem. Whatever has gone sideways, it’s entirely on your end. The good news is you can just click through the annoyance and continue to play (without issue, at least for me).

Sadly, this update seems to have only created new problems and didn’t really fix any of the long standing issues in the game. Oh, and hey, those fake sandstorms are back with a vengeance.

Edit: I wanted to modify this statement a bit. Deleting the uninstalling and deleting the game save on the console doesn’t do anything. However, if you choose the “delete from everywhere” option that also deletes the cloud save (so there’s nothing for them to restore) and reinstall, that does seem to fix things. Unfortunately, it also means you lose your single player game completely. So only a really viable option if you only play on a server, or no longer care about your SP game.

4 Likes

Just out of curiosity, are you playing on the original XB1 or S, or are you crashing regularly in the X? I get the message every time I’ve played since the update, but once I’m in game the client seems fairly stable on the XB1 X and I’ve only crashed out once after making that eternal mistake of opening my inventory too soon after logging in to the server.

1 Like

Funcom please address this issue. Let your community know something! It should not take you this long to respond to us. Not with the amount of money we have all invested with you! Let us know at least that your working on fixing this issue! That step will go highly respected from this community! Thank you

3 Likes

Xbox one s

Just barely started crashing, last month i had no issues with the game since the argos dlc Came out.

Usually always hard reset before startup cause the console does heat up while playing often
Usually entering the mountains or snow areas

Is there a hot fix being sorted

nothing yet from dev yet, no communication, not a word.

1 Like

Same problem, on official pve server. Deleted and reinstalled twice. No message when first loading after install but upon returning to main menu when logging out the message appears and remains on reload. Could click through and carry on playing but as of today just keep getting kicked to dashboard and cannot play at all. Not happy with this in the slightest.

This is bs! I seem to be fine on my Xbox One X for the most part but none of my clan mates can play and a bunch of people have already quit. This is the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of them. If you can’t respond to your customers funcom then literally go fuc yourselves.

1 Like

@Hugo, is there any information available about this?

Any ETA on a fix?

No there is no information. Who would have guessed.

There was a reply from Funcom in this thread. Call centre equivalent of please hold.

Base meanwhile is 210 hours into its decay timer.

Didn’t this happen 2 months ago on PC? If so does that mean lightning does strike twice.

Corrupt data BTW. Random chance of getting past opening cinematic and loading server. Never stay online more than 15 minutes. Today 15 seconds. Solo play seems OK but doesn’t help on 2014 like it used to.

Please encourages all of your clan mates to come make a post on the forums and on this thread.

@Ezuli @bstein68 @TheKingPrawn

I’m a solo player. No clan to add to this. But surely Funcom are aware by now. Fingers crossed.

@Hugo did respond 3 days ago, so we know that FunCom is aware of the issue and is investigating a fix.

I would really like periodic updates as the servers are all close to empty now because of this bug.

I am also thinking that there may be multiple threads about this, so if there is main thread for it it would be nice if FunCom pointed us to it.

From the wording in Hugo’s post, at that time they were still looking into why it happened. He recommended un/install as a possible fix, even though it has not worked for a single player, as the msg persists after reinstalling. They will eventually get around to a patch, but do not expect to hear any further information, such as an eta.

This is the main topic about the latest patch/problems