Could not connect to server: Authentication Failed

Game mode: Online Unofficial
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: PvE Conflict
Region: US

I own a server for my friends and I to play on. The server has mods, some outdated, some recently updated. My friends are more than capable of getting on the server, however, no matter how hard I try to, I cannot log onto my own server. It keeps showing the ‘Failed to Join Request Game’ error when I try to join the first time. Now every time I keep trying to hop onto the server, I keep getting: Could not connect to server. Authentication Failed. I have tried every single fix that I could find for it online and still am having the exact same issue. HOW DO I FIX IT!?? Please give me an actual description and fix for this and not the whole ‘looking into it’ crap… I am putting money to play this game… It’s annoying that I can’t even play on my own server.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Joining the game (Simple as that)

Hey @TheKatofKats

Welcome to our community.
When playing with mods, please make sure both your server and your client are running the same version of each mod and preferably, the latest possible. Make also sure you’ve set up your modlist order correctly as well. As a general troubleshooting when playing with mods, we would recommend as well visiting the official page of each mod to see if there’s other players with similar issues when playing with that mod.

1 Like

Have the player who have that issue installed Conan on HDD or SSD? If on HDD, try to install it on a SSD. This helped many players on our server, because the time Conan needs to load all mods is to long in some cases.

The player that is having the issue is me. I have it on a HDD. It’s odd because my friend has it on an HDD, we have the exact same specs on our PCs, we both have the same mods. But he can get into the game and I can’t for some reason

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.