Game mode: [Online PvE Official Server #3731]]
Region: [Center Map]
So have I gone insane, forgotten something important or been bitten hugely by a FunCom f-up from the most recent patch, Mercury in retrograde or some other voodoo?
I’ve been playing solo (occassionally co-op) on Server 3731 PvE for about 4 months now with a nicely developed base near map center (Black Rhino boss ponds SE of the Den). For the past few weeks I’ve been developing a 2nd base near Asgareth (sic) ward towers to harvest thralls, etc. I have returned to my main base every few days and every thing seemed fine until tonight. I have likely not visited my main base for about 7 days yet today when I returned I found that all the following items had disappeared completely:
- Animal Pen (Lvl 2) with 4 Gold vein rocknose,
- Black Ice door to my main keep (although you can enter from the roof (made it available to those caught in a sandstorm).
- EVERY improved crafting station (all of them) inside my keep, most of which contained named thrall crafters & tons of raw or finished material like composite obsidian & gold. Strangely, the torturer’s table & most items outside remain.
- EVERY altar I had including top Mitra, 2nd highest Derketa, Ymir & Jhebbal Sag, 1st level Set & Yog; most with priests & tons of items.
- top level Wheel of Pain with named taskmaster & 2 Dalinisia Snowhunters being trained.
- a few chests inside & out filled to the brim with goodies plus the compost bin but every other press, planter, etc remains intact.
- AND… my chest filled with legendary weapons and all 5 (or was it 6?) quest items that would allow me to finish this run of the game & exit to a glorious conclusion.
When I ran over every structure & station remaining with a star metal repair hammer, everything showed a decay of 168 (or 167).
In reading over some of the other forums, I don’t recall offhand if I had returned to my now decimated main base after the most recent patch on PS4 Lost Connection issues, but I believe I did and had no issues. I’ve got a couple of smaller camps in other places I don’t visit too often & they seem fine so far.
Needless to say, I am seriously disappointed by losing all these hundreds of hours of labor (much of it frustratingly impeded by Funcom glitches & game issues). I am so frustrated I feel like quitting entirely a deeply engaging game I have been regularly playing about 5 days per week, 2-4 hours per day since last August.
… maybe IF the parity patch had arrived sooner, making all our stations continue normal operations (as it used to be & was broken by the last patch), ALL my stations & resources would’ve been still working away & not evaporated to some bizarre decay or other destructive occurrence.
I decided to not wait until tomorrow to figure out how to read the Event Log to see what sort of nonsense may have been recorded… right now that is about as appealing as looking at the flight recorder on a Boeing 737 Max 8… Yup… it seems dozens of loot bags and some fish traps all decayed & were lost around 1738-1743h tonight, about 2 hours before I logged on. No mention of any buildings or stations though & turned proximity & time to max) which is even more annoying as the foundations for all the altars & wheel of pain all have 47-67+ hours remaining & they’re all obviously OLDER than the structures they supported.
Any suggestions how to mitigate this annoying situation in general would be greatly appreciated… I have to buy more whiskey tomorrow.
Steps on how to reproduce issue: