Day-night cycle confirmed in new zone (MMORPG article)

The time of day shifts as you make your way through the story missions, and you’ll see the whole base in a different light between night and day - let’s just say there’s a reason why everyone in the Morning Light has a curfew.

Article: Warning, some (very mild) spoilers

Also;

Aside from the new South Africa Morning Light base zone, there’s also a top secret additional area (you’ll see for yourself when you play it)

This makes it sound like the day/night cycle is dependend on the story, which begs the question. Does this mean we don’t have the regular day/night circle? How would that work with several players on the same map, but at different points in the story? …or well is this just bad wording or me reading it wrong =x.

I cant wait for the 4th x.x

I’d assume day and night are independent instances.

I hope there will be several instances with offset times, with the day in SWL being 4h if you don’t have much time to play on weekdays, dependieng on your schedule you might end up playing always at day or always at night.

Yeah, in Dark Age of Camelot they had NPCs spawning only at specific times of the in-game day, which was around 48 real minutes I believe. “Oh, you just missed the quest giver for your epic? - wait half an hour!”. That was annoying enough :slight_smile:

This makes it sound like the day/night cycle is dependend on the story, which begs the question. Does this mean we don’t have the regular day/night circle?

Bad choice of words on my part. What I meant was “details on day night cycle”!

From the sounds of it, it is like day/night and the appropriate NPCs etc. are entirely from the player’s point of view as they move through the story. Thing is, I can imagine that for ESO because their technology is really good at that sort of thing. Doing that in SWL seems a little more complicated so I’m not sure how it will function exactly.

I mostly meant the wording in the article. “The time of day shifts as you make your way through the story missions”

But depending on how much the story missions take place on the open map or in smaller instances. It could be like in Last Train to Cairo where the time of day shifts from before till after the tunnel.

No matter how it’ll work I am really glad they included this. As soon as the guy in the trailer said something about a curfew I pointed out I wanted day time and night time to matter in this zone. I’m glad they actually did that. This zone sounds very immersive.