Dedicated Testlive linux wine server crash

pc
testlive

Tag your topic with platform (PC/XB/PS4)!

Platform: PC (linux)
Game mode: Private Testlive
Problem: Crash
Crash dump link:

Free text
Server crashes on startup since latest update.

LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
LogWindows:Error:
LogWindows:Error: Fatal error: [File:C:\UE4\CSAND\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\AsyncObjectFinder.cpp] [Line: 43]
LogWindows:Error: FAsyncObjectFinder: Asset “/Game/Systems/Progression/DmgTypeHealth_BP.DmgTypeHealth_BP_C” (used by “/Game/Maps/ConanSandbox/Art/Dungeon/Art_Dungeon_x2_y6_Tempel_of_Frost.Art_Dungeon_x2_y6_Tempel_of_Frost:PersistentLevel.BP_PL_Frost_Temple_Forge_6582”) must be loaded at this point; cannot syncload it because we’re not in the game thread.
LogWindows:Error: !0x0000000000000000
LogWindows:Error: Crash in runnable thread FAsyncLoadingThread

~$ wine --version
wine-3.0

Repro steps:

1. ~/install/Conan/steamcmd.sh +@sSteamCmdForcePlatformType windows +force_install_dir ~/install/Conan/Serverfiles +login anonymous +app_update 443030 -beta testlive validate +quit
  2. xvfb-run --auto-servernum --server-args=’-screen 0 640x480x24:32’ wine /home/holmen/install/Conan/Serverfiles/ConanSandboxServer.exe -log

Its always this file that crashes the server:
“/Game/Maps/ConanSandbox/Art/Dungeon/Art_Dungeon_x2_y6_Tempel_of_Frost.Art_Dungeon_x2_y6_Tempel_of_Frost:PersistentLevel.BP_PL_Frost_Temple_Forge_6582”

The file might be corrupted, add a “+validate” option to your steamcmd update command and see if it fixes the issue.

Check the first repro step. Validate are in there.

Oh, I see, then try to install the server fresh in a new directory and run rsync with dry-run option to check if there’s any difference in files. Or just move the Saved directory in the new fresh install and try run the server.

looks like your wine is a bit out of date. i’m using 3.7 under Ubuntu. i’m also running mine in a tmux session. at server start up. tmux is similar to screen but seems to be a bit better to use imho. i start it in crontab (run crontab -e)
@reboot sleep 120 && cd /home/conanuser/conanserver && tmux new -d -s conan ./start_conan.sh

20 4 * * * tmux kill-session -t conan && sleep 5 && killall Xvfb && sleep 5 && cd /home/conanuser/conanserver && tmux new -d -s conan ./start_conan.sh

here is my start_conan.sh
start_conan.sh

export WINEARCH=win64
export WINEPREFIX=/home/conanuser/.wine64

xvfb-run --auto-servernum --server-args=’-screen 0 640x480x24:32’ wine ConanSandboxServer.exe -log -MULTIHOME=172.81.212.212

to attach to the conan server console running in the tmux session do tmux attach -t conan.
to disconnect from the session without killing it do Ctrl+B then press D.