Direct Connect from Steam

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: EU

Connecting from Steam Server List, or with a Steam Shortcut opens the Game but then gives an error message instead of directly connecting to the server.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Add your Server to the Steam Server List
  2. Click Connect
  3. Wait until Error apears
1 Like

I have a similar problem.

Are you able to connect using Direct Connect within the game?

Hey @Garog

Welcome to our community.
The game doesn’t rely on the Steam server list since June this year. As @DelRioServerMaster suggests, can you connect via the direct connect button once in the game?

1 Like

Thanks for the answer.
Yes it is possible with the direct connect button ingame. My server is also in the list and marked as favorit. but it always need some time to load the list, the my server fav icon is on top but the name is from another server, then the list loads again and after a second my server is on top and i can select it. direct connect function is a mess because its not working with fqdn. The steamway is much comfortable then any other. i allways open the game, klick play online, have to wait for the serverlist that directly loads and then i can connect :confused:

I, unfortunately, cannot connect that way.

I had to workaround by going into startup options on steam and adding:
-BattlEye -BattlEye -serverconnect MYSERVERIPADDRESS -serverpwd THEPASSWORD

Now my problem is I only have a convenient way of connecting to ONE of my LAN servers. If I want to connect to my Siptah server I can still only do it through Direct Connect.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.