DLC - In case your thinking of buying it

, ,

Not just that…but get this. They matched T3 Kihtai blocks with Reinforced Brickstone blocks, mat to mat…stats to stat… Nobody is fussing about it cuz it’s truly a skin. As it was meant to be… it shows they’ve been through this.

So what in gods name happened with the gear?! Why was there a divergence AT ALL!?

2 Likes

It’s why I said “on the short term” :wink:
They are gonna feel it in the long term. Especially when most of us go to West Virginia.

As for Cybercrime? See… the EU doesn’t have the interpol equivalent of a Cybercrimes Division. It’s why EU has this data protection compliancy going on…

"If knowledge is power, then not existing at all is invulnerability. "

This is just a quick-fix until EU can pull it’s head out of it’s backside and be united enough to actually pool enough Jurisdiction for cyber-policing.

From a PVE-perspective, the mere existence of Silent Legion, and Telith’s weaponry is a mind-boggling addition to a game that is already too easy. You can “beat” the PVE game nude, using nothing but a low-tier weapon. For a player wanting less challenge and least resistance, said armament is of course a given path, just as Black Ice weaponry was the easy go-to weapons some time ago.

Saying that, I understand both sides of the argument, I can live with subpar Khitan stuff, since I don’t need better weapons in a PVE game anyway. I do think the epic Khitan stuff should be equal to typical high tier.

PVP is a different ball park though, but as long as Khitan or future DLC are not made better than starting craftable high tier (i.e. hardened steel), there’s no reason to underpower the cosmetic items, as it is now.

Not long prior to West Virginia, there’s also Ark Extinction DLC. :smiley:

2 Likes

I am fine with hardened steel Khitan, but not if it costs star metal to make (which it currently does).

2 Likes

Same… I just want some semblance of balance. Tho I do hope for Starmetal tier, cuz I want to at least see the cosmetics on my character, and not craft it once, and leave it on the weapon rack for the rest of it’s life.

And before anyone goes: “SEE! WEAPON RAK COSMETICS! HURRR HURRR HERP DERP” , Yeah… like there’s an armor stand, right? :slight_smile: Like furniture thralls are customizable, yes? :smiley:

I’m very curious to see how they’ll even fix this, assuming they even want to. Will they change the material requirements to be more on level with hardened steel, or will they change the stats to be on par with star metal??

I really hope it’s the latter, because as it stands now I only run around with dragonbone gear, because it’s easy to craft/repair, and is very strong. I prefer to use them over legendaries specifically for the repairing benefit. Problem is that I’m completely sick of using them. I’m tired of it, I’ve been using them too long.

I was hoping/expecting this dlc to be a fix for that. If these weapons were on par with star metal ones, I would be perfectly ok with using weapons a little weaker than dragonbone, all so I could stick to the cosmetic theme they are selling us. With how they are right now I’m NOT going to nerfing myself that bad, I’ll just end up sticking with dragonbone…again.

I may be on a pve server, but I do get tired of seeing everyone in Silent Legion with dragonbone gear. This could have gave us some much needed variety.

4 Likes

Dude…i’m actually in the exact same boat as you. lol.

1 Like

Aaanyway… I’ll have to wait till wednesday community letter to see if they even register the magnitude of this failure, let alone gonna do anything about it.

Gonna go to work on monday and tuesday, as they sure as hell aren’t gonna bring out the 500 fix till next friday 6PM, now that they already brought out the DLC before that fix and don’t have a reputation to uphold anymore.

2 Likes

Understandable, try to relax and have fun. :slight_smile: I’m mostly just waiting for my refund to clear so I can purchase A Hat in Time. XD I should have just done that in the first place, I could be playing right now. lol

2 Likes

I agree with you.

Star metal as it stands right now is only useful for preservation boxes (and to a lesser degreee, skinning knives). Under no circumstance should it be a requirement for subpar items.

If anyone can find out which data table these items are (don’t seem to be in the normal one from what I’ve seen). Modders can fix the items ourselves.

What I am hearing is that the blueprints for the DLC weapons are inaccessible to modders so they cannot do anything to them.

This is what I would expect from cosmetic slots. I’d prefer it still that you could create any look armor-wise but there would be an option to disable other players cosmetic slots in the options so that you could still roleplay and have the aesthetic that you want personally, but pvpers and other players who want to know what you’re really wearing have that option.

2 Likes

I wear whatever I want, even when I play on PvP official servers and I still wreck most people in SL with my favorite set; darfari + dragonbone dagger (w. Spiked mod). I do sometimes use SL, but mostly in 1vX raid situations where I need the extra dmg migration. Min-max players in Conan actually dont have much combat skill, because they rely on their armor most of the time and they believe they’re invincible in their silly heavy armor. I highly doubt the majority of survival players are experienced in competitive gaming, not even to mention “fighting” games such as ex. For Honor. The difference between endgame items is so minimal that it really doesnt matter, it all boils down to skill and dmg avoidance.
Edit: and yes, I do sometimes get killed and lose my gear to SL users, but its mostly because I am attacked off guard or I make human mistakes during battle. I am not almighty, but I am good.

Even berserkers in full SL are easily killable by lvl 50+ players with black ice weapon, which makes equipping thralls in BiS gear kinda “useless” in a PvP perspective. Its another story when using them to protect your base from the purge.
Thralls are basically just mannequins, and free loot bags. They suck at fighting players, just like NPCs - they only have a chance in numbers and if they stunlock you into a corner.
Edit: Archers can be very good, if placed in a tactical position, ex. Along the sides of an elevator shaft creates a killzone, especially if its a trap.

Archers can’t hit sh*t and bersekers are just there to show off all the loot we’ve got from other bases. Yes I have some equipped in drafari as well.

They can hit targets without problem from 2-3 blocks away. I normally place them on each side of the elevator “shaft” on ceilings and fences towards the elevator. They can kill people quickly if they’re caught in a trap they cant escape (sloped roof at the top to disable the lever).

1 Like

Someone (in another topic) was arguing in favor of durability trade-off so i made a nice picture…

1 Like

Agreed the f’d it all up. I have no use for any gear as being lol 60 it’s useless. I have buyers remorse getting this DLC.

1 Like