Do you love Lovetap❓

, ,

Greetings!
Before I fall in love with Lovetap, is it working as expected?
I remember a couple of years ago it was the big thing, and yesterday, after many dozens of legendary chests, I found love :heart:… Lovetap!
If it works, what should my Tinkerer build for it?
Thank you, and have a great week!

3 Likes

Advanced blunded fitting!
But it ain’t so effective like reinforced truncheon and Szeths! For reinforced truncheon you must grind neebs chest on Den, Black galeon and the "arena passage chest from the ghosts !
For Szeths the wine cellar.
Love tap is really effective with charge attack + 4 heavy and continue 2lights +2heavy.

Ps. Good hunting(your sentence :wink:) @Wonka if the official thing will be stabilized I will come to visit your establishment :metal:.

2 Likes

Lovetap used to be the most powerful truncheon but got nerfed into oblivion with lower concussive damages than a lv. 30 Iron Truncheon, tho Lovetap can be used on mount and has the mace moveset.

3 Likes

This legendary item is indeed rather rare … I have never obtained it :frowning:
But, from what I know, it is indeed the best truncheon in the game… Congratulations on your acquisition!

2 Likes

TL:DR

Lovetap can have 32ish concussive damage, which is low, but it is difficult to stagger its user and it has better combos & stagger dealt itself. Very easy to use.

The best crafted truncheon has 80ish concussive damage, the highest. It is easy to stagger its user and it deals low stagger itself. Harder to use but very effective in skilled hands.

Lovetap has the same amount of concussion damage as the very first truncheon you can build, which is not very good (15 on lights, 20 on heavy). It can be boosted with a blunted kit, the best giving +12 for a maximum of 32 concussive damage.

The best crafted Truncheon is the “Heavy-weight Truncheon” (recipe from the Unnamed City) can get up to 74 on lights and 80 on heavies. This is with a Driver Thrall to craft it and an Advanced Blunted fitting.

Lovetap has one trick up its sleeve however, which as others have mentioned, is the mace moveset. Not only is it a better moveset, it has hyperarmour, preventing you from being staggered while swinging yourself.

5 Likes

Not anymore my friend! And to be exact, long time now! Love tap has the mace moveset that’s handy, back to the times that your thrall was refusing to use truncheon if it used a weapon before, love tap and ajas bane was my workaround!
The best truncheon is the one that drops down your enemy with less hits, so love tap and heritage are far from this, you need a lot of hits, a lot.
Keep farming, it will come eventually :+1:t6:, but nothing special :confused:.

@tobbiusness, true, heavy truncheon rocks and it is very rewarding. Thanks for your beautiful reference :+1:t6:

1 Like

One of the advantages Lovetap has is HyperArmor. Which prevents your attacks from being interrupted. This is handy in those situations where there are multiple foes. It can also be used on horseback. But this is relatively niche.

It could probably use a slight buff of 10-15 concussive damage to move it back in line with its rarity.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone :heart_hands:!
Once again, I just learned so many things I did not know about!

1 Like

How much love would a Lovetap tap if a Lovetap could tap love?

I have found three Lovetaps so far in my current playthrough. They tend to decorate my walls. But with the advanced blunted fitting they have their niche use: crowded places. If you’re trying to capture a certain thrall in Sepermeru, for example, you’re going to get zerged by a number of locals. The player can dodge and kite and whatever to survive the rush, but your thrall can’t. So the thrall will benefit greatly from being able to keep swinging with the hyperarmor granted by the mace moveset.

I have actually lost two leveled-up T3 Relic Hunter thralls on thrall-hunting missions when they were cornered and beaten to death by a handful of their former colleagues. A Lovetap instead of a truncheon might have saved them. Alas, poor Mehmet the Assistant, I knew him well. (I don’t remember the other guy, maybe I never bothered to learn his name.)

5 Likes

History says different! I don’t know if it’s humorous mentioned, if it is a speculation or a fact, but love, use to start with male clubbing female! Maybe this is the reason now females clubbing males with these tools…

So love tap still works after thousands years existence of our species :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

4 Likes

It also has knockdown and a better range. It is my truncheon of choice when I can find it.

3 Likes

Here’s an excellent use for Lovetap: you’re stocking up on sacrificial blood and/or soul essence. Put down one or more sacrificial stones near a low-level settlement (e.g. Spinebreaker’s Flank), equip your Lovetap, and knock everyone out quickly and easily. After they’re all taking a nap, all that’s left is dragging and sacrifice, dragging and sacrifice.

I do miss the days when Lovetap was truly legendary :frowning:

4 Likes

Yes- my goto while on horseback

1 Like

yes i love it

Exactly this :point_up_2:.

1 Like

Seems fine to me.

I think we have 5 or 6 Lovetaps in storage somewhere. But we use Szeth’s if we’re knocking out any and all thralls, and Coup de Grace if we’re going after T4s.

1 Like

I miss every singe legendary

2 Likes

That is actually not true :slight_smile:

If you checked my post here, you’ll see that adding an advanced blunted fitting can raise concussive damage by as much as 60 on heavy attacks (and 30 on light ones), so way way way beyond 32 :slight_smile:

That means that yes, a Lovetap with an advanced fitting does 80 concussive damage on heavy attacks, if you run a full authority build, 20 points adding 6% each… that goes up to 176 per heavy hit… and given the move-set of the weapon it becomes the best knockout weapon even now since it can hit everyone around you, heavy finisher does aoe knockdown plus the weapon provides hyper armor on every swing not to mention that despite having slightly lower concussive damage than most, some of the hits in the moveset do 2 hits (heavy opener, heavy finisher) that more than makes up for any difference with the added bonuses mentioned above :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.