Dragons really CAN fly!

Game mode: [Single-player]
Type of issue: [Undesired Feature]
Server type: [N/A]
Region: [AUS]
Version: 111296/19896

I love your interpretation of dragons. Not sure if that’s from the books but it’s great. However I have found a way that dragons, and indeed mammoths, elephants and many other creatures, can fly.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Take one dead dragon (or whatever large animal you have handy, must be dead)
  2. Hit it with a pick, hatchet, sickle, skinning knife or in a pinch, a teaspoon should suffice.
  3. Watch it FLY! Sometimes away from you, sometimes straight towards you and over your shoulder, sometimes sideways and very very occasionally downwards out of sight.
  4. Seriously… those Shoebills and dragons fly more in death than they ever did in life!

This may be an easy one to fix and it would be a nice quality-of-life improvement.

Reasoning it out, the physics engine probably needs everything to have a mass. Thanks to fundamental physics, if the mass of an object is very low, the swinging of a harvesting tool will result in a high acceleration (F=ma). I’ve noticed that after the initial flight and the corpse has come to a rest, subsequent hits don’t move the corpse. This suggests to me that corpses are being instantiated with a negligible mass and the mass is recalculated, perhaps with each harvest action. The solution may be as simple as ensuring corpses are instantiated with an appropriate mass.

Cheers,
Trev

Helps with practicing your batting skills ;D
This is a known issue that the devs are aware of. :slight_smile:
I’ll add your info to the report. Thanks!!

If we could plant our own trees, we could play Mammoth Hockey while hoping for (non-halloween) meteors to spawn.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.