Drop backpack on death does not seem to work

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server Type: PvE
Region: United States

I have purchased a server through g-portal. I am posting here because everything I have read says that this issue happens on personal servers as well but I will also be reporting this to g-portal in case it’s just on their end. I set drop equipment on death and drop toolbar on death to false and then set drop backpack on death to true but when players die they keep everything. I’ve also read that this issue was fixed on PS4 but still exists on PC. This bug has been around for a while. Last time I played, probably over a year ago, it was the same way. Hope it gets fixed. I would like for their to be a penalty for death on my server but it’s just me and some friends playing so I think keeping equipped items is fine.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Set drop equipment on death to off
  2. Set drop toolbar on death to off
  3. Set drop backpack on death to on
  4. Restart server
  5. Die and realize I kept everything.
  6. Be sad.
  7. Change settings back.

Hello @Phinkis, welcome to the community!

What is your DropLootOnDeath parameter set to?
It should be set to True in order to allow for any manner of item drop, according to the remaining settings.

There are three drop loot parameters. One for toolbar, one for equipment and one for backpack. I want only the backpack to drop on death so I set both toolbar and equipment to false and backpack to true but then it doesn’t drop anything. If I set them all to false everything drops.

The drop loot on death should be accessed within the client, in the Survival tab of the server settings.

Please let us know what it’s currently set to, and if changing it has any effect on the issue.

The backpack setting has no effect no matter what combination of values you use. It has been like this for a while now.

Ok, so I see what you’re talking about. I didn’t even see the server settings in game. There is only one setting there for dropping equipment on death. In the config file, not in game, there are three separate settings. I realize now that two of those settings, toolbar and backpack, currently do nothing. I guess this isn’t so much a bug as an unused feature that would be nice to see implemented. Sorry about the confusion.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing additional details, we’ll poke the developers in this regard.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.