Event Log Player names: yay or nay?

What good is the event log not showing names if there is still Battlemetrics? Am I missing something?

Should add the location or at least the renamed container

@Tascha got a time line for that?

So as the poll say the names has to be shown is there gonna be that change on live?

But i can fault a player, whether you agree or not is inconsequential to what i fault. And it is PVE. The environment happens to be player made, but it is still AI you are attacking. And Jhebal Sag eliminates the thralls/pets with ease, and crenelated what
yeah, treb those suckers. All while the other player is offline.

And BTW, i too can see the names not in logs a plus, but only if Player list is arbitrary as well. Sure people can scan battle metrics and steam for Online players of the server, but without clan name and ID attached to each other in game, it would require one to at least work to identify.

It would make reporting cheats/exploiters more difficult, but in general there could be an admin back door to the data list to tie the data (id,player,clan to damage done if necessary. Don’t know if Funcom wants to go thru that though.)

Amen. The minute they call themselves Alpha, they fill with a certain ego that must be flexed. And that is okay, but being noble is in the eye of the beholder. I have seen posts that say my alpha is nice, my alpha is fair. That is because they haven’t hit that person yet. But in reality, this game is not about being nice or fair. Sure you make uneasy alliances/friends. But in the end, if they haven’t invited you into their clan, then it is only a matter of time before you break one of their “rules”, and they decide the need to bring “justice” to you.

I was part of a clan that controlled a server for 4+ months. But we never like the term alpha. We preferred big rich clan. We never tried to police the server. If we found players we liked, we would rotate out retired members with the new guy. didn’t white knight them. Just straight up merged. Was one reason we fell. We just had too much on the server, and got to where everyone hated us for the spots we had. And got tired of defending it all.

SO - what is it going to be ? any changes planned-this bit taken one of my rules on my private server right out
 I give people a 5 day Raid Protection after they have been attacked (for rebuilding and so on) but now I just can’t enforce it anymore
 At least as an Admin you should be able to see who raided whom

Yes, it doesn’t matter what you build in this game, it will be raidable. Every. Single. Base. But, if you want to blame players for attacking a base if that person is offline, fine
I see that at either a player that is bored and wants to attack something, or hes smart enough to know when the owner is offline. I don’t care if people offline raid people, it happened to everyone that was in EA every single night when playing against players from around the world, thanks to the time zone difference. I don’t fault the attacker
but with the variety of defences now in the game, and with the shorter raid time
its a lot easier to defend now then ever. We also never had the joy of the player list with clan name tagged to it. I don’t mind that staying, since all that information can be found other ways as well (like you mentioned Steam and battlemetrics)

but get rid of that event log.

1 Like

To be honest Hiding player names from event log just allows weak people to hide behind anonymity while the clan they are attacking is offline.

If you have big enough balls to go to raid players hard work then you should have big enough balls to deal with the consequence.

And the idea that we need to “protect” smaller clans or individual players because “MUH BULLYING” is absurd. If you want to “poke the bear” or attack the Alpha clan then you better be alpha enough to deal with it.

1 Like

perfectly ok with it because i actually hate it. half the event log is ruined. because a player has attacked you
 ok wich one? its a player and thats all you cang et
there 40 people on the server who is it? its a player. BUT WICH ONE??? it is a player end of conversation.
an npc killed you? wich one an npc

clouding up the player is actually giving into stupidity. if i get raided i want to know by who so i can punish.

It’s Conan Exiles, not Big Brother.

If you want to find out who raided you, go find out. Do your own police work.

6 Likes

As lame as it sounds I’d say a clan offline should take %50 less building damage or something to that effect and Thralls should receive a buff so that raiding an offline clan is harder and consumes more resources.

1 Like

I am the alpha. I don’t need to log in. I can just check my event log. Oh wait, i need to actually know my server? But the event log did that for me. So why should i know who could be my enemies on this server? I built those twenty T1 outposts for myself to drop loot off when i din’t want to go all the way back to main base. How dare someone even think of blowing them
don’t they know who i am? Blah, blah, blah. True Alphas know thy enemies and thy limitations.

3 Likes

Don’t know what server you are on. The servers i play on alphas typically have a few large bases for specific purposes. not to just drop off loot

My point is spineless players who want to remain void of responsibility while they attack other players are the only ones that benefit from no event log.

‘Void of Responsibility’?

Oh I get it - it’s Conan Exiles, but with drones and sensors.

I think that’s what brought down the Roman Empire - the Huns weren’t playing fair
:rofl:

2 Likes

And my point is there are more alphas that are flat out lazy and want the game to control the politics for them. Both are valid i guess, but whats it really hurt if you have to go out and find your enemies. Maybe PVP will be PVP again, instead of hoarded tnt clans who get a free pass on the politics of Conan, and choose to log in only to verify the event log.

Again I ask, what good is the event log not showing names if there is still Battlemetrics? Am I missing something?

1 Like

“In reality, you can’t know when someone vandalize your property or steal something in your house when you’re away”
You state that we can know who stole things because of things like the police. Turns out, we’re exiles without any sort of infrastructure. The police are people, not magical notifications that appear from the ether. You want police? Fine! Patrol your base so you know when someone is around. Otherwise, don’t punish a good stealth player.

“In general, you still have a fair idea of who is your ennemy, without having his name.”
This is sort of absurd. You’ll only know who you’re enemies are if they present themselves or you catch them in the act. Which is the point. You shouldn’t just suddenly know who is messing with you unless they slip up.

For your second major point, you seem to ignore any sort of deception or underhanded dealings. I could simply tell you that this other clan raided my stuff, so be on the lookout, and you have no way to verify my claims. If you literally know that we raided you, since it told you we did it, then it becomes a lot easier to just form a coalition to force them out. It makes it difficult to actually play the game as a PvP game at all. On the other hand, with out the names, then you have to start making educated guess. You might start a war with the wrong clan
 and that is all part of the smaller clan that raided from you’s idea!

Heck, in the old system, it was a bit garbage, because the player could drop clan, and form a new clan, then raid you, and you’d have no idea what clan really fought you, anyway. There were ways around it, so it primarily penalized accidental stuff, or like randomly destroying a campfire in the damned wilderness, which was enough to start a bloody purge on one server I played on. In general, removing the names of who destroyed things was one of the most beneficial things which could have occurred.

Also, on an ironic note, you say to not listen to the vocal minority, but it seems the vocal minority, at least according to the poll, seems to agree with your misguided notions.

Void of responsibility as in they are being little Bishes
 attacking because they know that it cant be tracked back to them.

Oh now i get it. thanks for clearing it all up by adding bishes to the name calling.

1 Like