Father Duffy has been arranging brawls in the Seoul Fight Club for over 18 months for ODO, and has been broadening our ahem “target audience” for the last few times it’s been run
It’s a nice, simple idea - turn up, fight if you want, spectate if you’d rather not, bring havoc and destruction along for the ride, then go for a beer afterwards!
On an irregular but roughly bi-weekly basis, Father Duffy’s Fight Club comes to Seoul, and everyone’s invited!
There are no prizes to be had, no repair costs, no xp to worry about, just the sheer joy of being able to shoot your friends and strangers and then laugh about it afterwards.
There’s another installment of FDFC coming up on Sunday February 24th at 7pm GMT (2pm EST, 11am PST). The theme will be the “Pyjama Party Massacre”, so feel free to break out your PJs and come along! There’s a Fight Club discord available too, so that there’s a place to chat about upcoming battles.
You can get more information from the fight club website.
In case you’re new to PVP in SWL, here’s some handy quick tips to get you started!
- The action all takes place in the Seoul Fight Club, which has the equal footing buff
- This buff puts everyone on roughly the same level gearwise, so even new players can have fun without just being steamrolled by people with much higher gear levels
- There’s no repairs, you can just respawn and run back in!
- If you want to heal, you can group up and play co-op!
- Everyone dies. Not necessarily true - it is possible to survive, but death has no real consequences, leaving you free to seek out bloody vengeance almost straight away!
If you’d like to know more, check out FDFC.info
This is a recurring event, the website will have information on when the next fight club is being organised. Oh and the first rule of Father Duffy’s Fight Club is “tell everyone, bring anyone”!
See you in Seoul!