Fix for harvesting bug?

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: Western USA

I have a GPortal server and everything anyone logs out when they log back in they can no longer harvest resource nodes.
We can pick resources up off the ground but they do not go to our inventory. When using tools on a node we do no damage to the node and get nothing in our inventory.
In addition, when this bug happens there are no NPCs or creatures on the map.

This is the 3rd time it’s happened, I’ve tried all the basic fixes, disconnecting & reconnecting, restarting & reinstalling the server. TWO times now I have had to wipe the server completely.
It works perfectly during our first play session but as soon as anyone disconnects they come back to the bug.
I bought the game on PC after putting hundreds of hours into the Xbox version & wanted to introduce my PC friends to it.
If anyone knows a fix that doesn’t require a wipe you would be my best friend for life!

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Start a GPortal server.
  2. Play on that server.
  3. Disconnect.
  4. Reconnect.
  5. Hate your life.

Hey there,

Hope this helps.

Every now and then it seems to happen that you can’t hit a rock, tree, plant or harvest an animal after killing it. What tends to help sometimes is crouching once or twice then trying to harvest again, usually does the trick when I run into this.

Not sure if it will help you guys, sounds pretty serious, but might be worth a bash

1 Like

I wiped the server again, with ZERO mods. If it happens now I’ll try that, doubt it will help seeing as there’s also the part about no mobs spawning either. Thanks foe the heads up anyway.

And same thing again… and the duck didn’t work haha.

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: Online private Gportal Server 10 slot
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Bug
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvE
Region: Westcoast US

So I’m posting again hoping ANYONE knows how to fix/stop this from happening.
I have had a GPortal server for a few weeks now. I’m running it as kind of a thing for few friends who haven’t played. I’ve played about 300-500 hours on XBOX and moved to PC to play again. Hoping to use mods.
Three times with mods, now a 4th time with no mods I’ve come into the same bug. I get on and start building a base, I’m admin and don’t want to grind so I’m building RP places for my players to visit.
Once I build ANYTHING, if I leave the game and come back, neither I or my players can any longer harvest anything. In addition, no mobs spawn. No creatures, no NPCs none of it.
What is causing this?

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Start GPortal Server
2. Join.
3. Build any good size structure.
4. Leave game.
5. Re-join
5.5 Hate life

Hey @JaeDub

This seems like a server-side issue, where for some reason the server totally desyncs and doesn’t allow any new actions to register. Do you happen to have many follower/thralls, or huge constructions?

1 Like

I do not, we’ve never got past our first camp. We get a 5x5 structure or whatever it may be and anyone who leaves can’t do anything when they come back.
I always have to wipe the server.
I Uninstaller and reinstalled today. About to wipe the server again and try absolutely fresh.

Welp, nothing I know how to do works.
No matter what happens as soon as the server restarts or I back it up I lose the ability to play.
Now nodes just don’t even show up.
No rocks, trees, creatures, NPCs. None of it.

Hi @JaeDub,

I have sometimes the same problem, it’s been there around the mounts update.
I am not sure, but I don’t thinks it’s server related issue in terms of installation, but might get triggered because it’s online played.

But for me,…
I just log out and back in and most of the time it’s fixed.
I don’t have the problems what you have, about hard times for not getting it to normal again.

What tends to help sometimes is crouching once or twice then trying to harvest again, usually does the trick when I run into this.

Wrote this down, thnx!

I’ve tried logging in and out a few times.
I’ve waited a day for it to update.
I’ve Uninstaller and reinstalled the server and game.
I’ve used old backups and new back up.
I’ve tried reverting to vanilla.
I’ve tried everything I know how to.
I guess I’ll just wait til someone knows what to do, I’ll play something else till I get a fix. Just a waste of money on the server, I just don’t get how all these other server hosts have never had an issue.

:cry:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.