Forced Server Kick from Opposing Clan

Game mode: [Online] Official Server #2653
Problem: [Misc]
Region: [NA]

I’m hoping to grab the attention of any Funcom employee/admin that may be able to assist with and or look into this situation that has recently developed on this server. I wasn’t sure where else to post about this issue or how else to call for help.

I will explain as best I can:

My clan mates and myself have been playing on this server for going on 3 or 4 months now. the occasional server disconnect happens maybe once every blue moon like every two weeks if that and when that does actually happen everyone is kicked from the server and has to re-log back into it and you can see everyone doing so, re-logging I mean.

We’ve been having to deal with troll-clans who just want to wreck the server and cause havoc for everyone. This is fine, no big deal, part of the game. we deal with them and send them packing and the server returns to normal/peaceful raids between all of the other clans until the next set of “trolls” come along.

However, the most recent troll group to have joined I believe them to be spiking our routers and/or using some type of exploit that I’m unaware of to kick us from the server when it favors them, (when they are getting attacked individually or raided at their base) while they themselves and everyone else stay unaffected.

The reason I believe this is because exactly what I’m describing happened to not only myself but all other 4-5 players that I was raiding with last night. shortly after we started raiding these guys everyone in our raid party was kicked from the server. we log back on and they had killed all of our bodies. this happened one more time before we called it quits thinking it was the server itself disconnecting everyone. yet I started to notice that nobody else was having to log back on, meaning nobody else was being kicked.

A few hours later I’m at the north jungle obelisk killing one of their thralls who had been set up to instantly kill people who teleport in because they have it blocked off. One of the “trolls” comes up to me but I almost kill him and he runs away. I make it halfway back to my base on my screen and then I’m kicked from the server yet again for the 3rd time in one night. when I finally get back in I’m all the way back at the obelisk being killed by this guy that I had previously almost killed and everyone else is still in the same order on the player list as if none of them had been kicked yet again.

One of my clan mates says that Conan Exiles DOES NOT protect our IP Address and so in turn anyone who knows how can spike anyones router essentially and efficiently kicking them from the server. If this is not the case then I would say these group of guys are using some type of exploit to kick us but then it would be everyone not just conveniently us when we are fighting with them.

Please someone look into this. I’m not just trying to get these guys booted, I’m not scared of them neither is my clan. we are all up for a fair fight but this is honestly what I believe is happening.

We are planning to raid them again tonight, I will update this post to inform whether or not the issue persists and if it persists in this exact manner.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Find said person/clan
  2. Attack said person/clan
  3. Proceed to be kicked from server
  4. Repeat steps

Hello @Kinjabang197, thank you for reaching out!

We had to unlist the post as we do not allow exploit discussion or accusation of other players. In the future, to report any of these types of occurrences, we’d appreciate if you could reach out to us privately.

If you suspect that they’re abusing an in-game exploit and would like to report them for our team to look into the matter, we’ll require you to share a video recording that would back these claims, as well as the clan name and players’ in-game names.

If you suspect you’re experiencing a DoS or DDoS attack try performing a complete reset of your router by turning off its power for up to 10 minutes, which will increase the likelihood that you will get a new IP address that the attacker will not have access to.

You should also set your profiles to private and avoid accepting group chat invitations from strangers in order to safeguard yourself from platform-specific vulnerabilities.

If these attacks persist, please reach out to your ISP for further assistance as we’re unable to determine the identity or confirm this occurrence on our end.

Thank you for your response. Even though I did not list the clan name or names of any individuals I believe to be attacking us via connection, I do understand the reasoning behind removing my post. In the future I will reach out privately regarding these issues as you have suggested.

I will try your privacy suggestions and will tell everyone including myself to reset routers. If the issue persists in the same manner I will try my best to acquire some sort of recordings as evidence to present you with.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. - the respawning bug where the game will not respawn you even after the timer has hit 0 is no joke. this happened multiple times last night to my clan mate and myself and ended up costing us a lot while we were raiding.

1 Like

Thank you for understanding, specifically regarding the respawn issue this is something that we’re aware and currently looking into, apologies for the inconvenience.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.