Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: PvE
Since I started playing again earlier this week I have been getting frequent graphics driver crashing, ONLY while playing Conan Exiles. This occurs when the game is in fullscreen and borderless. The game freezes, monitors then both turn black and the game immediately crashes. A couple of days ago it would usually happen after 20+ minutes when using the /home teleport command, but now occurs even after less than a minute. I have not detected any sort of pattern. Nobody else in the server is having these issues. The last time I regularly played this game was last year, and I did not have this issue.
I can provide whatever specific logs are requested.
Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
- Start the game.
- Load into the server.
- Start climbing a wall.
- Freeze & crash.
- Update graphics drivers from 20.4 to 20.8.3
- Clean driver uninstall + reinstall using DDU + disabling Windows auto-update for drivers
- Uninstall NordVPN (several other users were having crashes with this program)
- Reset CPU to stock speeds
- Reset GPU to stock speeds
- Undervolt GPU
- Verify game files via Steam
- Reinstall Conan Exiles on a new hard drive
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ stock
Motherboard: MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700XT @ stock
RAM: 16GB GSkill Flare-X
PSU: EVGA 850 G2L