Frontier Ceiling Issue

Game mode: All
Type of issue: Mics
Server type: All
Region: U.S.A. Eastern

Their is no way to tell witch way the ceiling is oriented. It has wood planks in its design and without being able to tell what direction they are facing before you put them down you can’t line them up right.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Build with them?
3 Likes

Hey @Anglinex

Thanks for the heads-up, we’ll inform our team about this so they can give it a look.

This.

You know how certain placeables (like a campfire) have an arrow showing where the thrall will be once it is placed? There needs to be a similar thing for building pieces.

3 Likes

Lining up ceilings used to be a real pain for me, would usually have to delete many, but then someone gave me a tip.

Do it at night. You can see through the ceilings easier as you orient them, but if you are on the ceiling looking down, you may want to store any lighting inside the building. I rarely have issues anymore, but I do agree, the arrow would make it a lot easier.

Regards

jim

1 Like

The frontier ceilings have no details on them before you place it. It’s just a big orange block.

2 Likes

As much as I like the art on the Frontier ceilings and foundations, I never use them because it’s too wasteful and anger-inducing. Seems a shame to have designers work on buildables that bring players no joy and only frustration… unless that’s their thing. :sob:

Interesting, and frustrating. It appears these are the only T3s that do not have any direction indicator during installation, yet when placed, the orientation shows plainly.

@Ignasi, it seems someone forgot something :blush:

Regards

jim

1 Like

In support of Anglinex’s report, see the following …
A visual of the placing process in the evening showing no way to determine orientation.

A visual of the placement of several ceilings showing the orientation, having been put down sequentially from the same spot without any rotation applied. Directionality seems random.

Viewed from the bottom, I can’t see any orientation at all; it appears symmetrical in both axes, and I like the design. I also like the walls, the art is great.

Not having used it before, I probably would because of the aesthetics, but will avoid it due to this problem. People do use the ceiling tiles as a floor.

Regards

jim

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.