Interface improvement for construction - Arrow on interface

I noticed how dificult it is to place ceilings, foundations and some other pieces that have 4 different possible orientations in the world.
That’s because they allways get oriented diferent from the way you want and its hard to allign them all.

I suggest some improvement in the building interface to make things easy.

It’s very simple: Just add an arrow on the building interface, similar to the text “Outer face” on walls; but just an arrow on ceilings, foundations, and some otther building parts that have 4 different orientations on the world. The arrow will have 4 possible different orientations. That will make building things easy.

I’m not requesting new pieces for construction, just a little touch to make things a little easy.

Thanks for the support!

5 Likes

God yes! On certain wedges and ceiling tiles (Frontier and Reinforced Stone) I often need a stack of 10 just to get 2 or 3 to align properly. Given the resources and TIME involved in making T3 pieces, this is absolutely infuriating!

So yes, please add an arrow when we’re placing such pieces!

2 Likes

Im with this one none of my stoves are placed just right my thralls are in a wall or in one case my thrall is outside of the building. Tough to place a piece for the first time not knowing what way it faces or just how big a footprint it actually has. Same case with the alters, they should nor allow placement unless the tier 3 alter will fit on that spot, such a pain to get back up to top level alter specially Ymir

4 Likes

Yes indeed. Always getting the ceilings wrong. And the stoves!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.