Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Crash
Game Mode: Single Player
Server Type: =SERVER TYPE=
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: =SERVER NAME=
Mods: None

Bug Description:

Game crashed during a playing session, completely freezing my system and I had to hard-reboot. Upon restart, game keeps crashing right after intro video and before main menu. I got error message: Fatal Error: [File:C\B\tech_exiles\code\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line:959] GameThread timed out waiting for RenderThread after 60.00secs. The game ran smoothly with zero crash for 230-ish hours since I purchased it. Now it would not start at all, even though I did not update or install anything new recently. I run the game on a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming with 12Gb RAM and Win10-64bit. The CPU is Intel i5-7300HQ @ 2.50GHz

Bug Reproduction:

Just start the game. Launcher comes up, but then after the intro starts playing then crash and error message. I tried all the proposed troubleshooting found on forums here and elsewhere: Remove all mods, Check files integrity on Steam, Uninstall/clean-up/re-install of the game, Check GPU drivers (all are up-to-date) etc but absolutely nothing works. Reading through the forums, I see several reports of this error over the last 5 years, but none show positive resolution… Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Greetings Exile,

Thank you for your report. Can you please share your saved file and logs with us?

You can find it by following:

Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved

It should be the “game” file for Exiled Lands or “dlc_siptah” for Isle of Siptah.

And the logs:

Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Logs

Feel free to reach out in private via direct message if you prefer.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks for coming back that quickly.
I just DM you few minutes ago.

Thanks

1 Like

I am getting this same problem. Been playing for a month an suddenly bam…crashes after logos. and 959 error after a minute.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.