Game crashes are worse than before after new update

However, I tested it yesterday, and while it would hang up a little when opening the wheel, it did not crash. Multiple interactions including adding thralls, removing thralls and adding gruel. I will still test more later but maybe the server restart between yesterday and the day before made things better?

1 Like

Since the latest HUGE update the game crashed CONSTITNATLY, ALL DAY. Right now all im trying to do is make bombs and the game keeps crashing. I have already made sure its updated and I have already deleted and reinstalled the game.

1 Like

Did you get an Error Code ? That could maybe help the Dev´s

CE-34878-0 is the error code

Im constantly crashing by trynna open the greater wheel of pain… sure is a pain. Getting the same error code

Its the same for my server. Im trying to craft a building block and the game instantly crashes. Others playing the server has the same crashing issues.

2 Likes

Any update on this ?

I’ve also had this problem since update. Official server 2731 US using Xbox…Hubby has xbox one s and he is at least able to login but does crash once or twice while playing. Two days straight now I can not log in. Crashes me to the xbox home page. This last time I heard a noise similar to when a game freezes and its stuck loading something. Then black screen and then to home. Any suggestions?

I can also confirm that I seem to be getting this error a lot more than I used to. The vague pattern I’m sensing is that I tend to get it when I run up on something that has an inventory that needs to be determined remotely (like a chest, vault or crafting bench).

I’ve Blue screened and reported over 100 since update. On PS4 on US and EU servers and offline, from walking, climbing, near storage, etc… and no, I will not replace my thermal paste. Just fix this ucking game!

It’s not the thermal paste, I play a few huge games that are very graphic intense and never blue screen. This update hit and I can’t even log in at all. So yeah time for refunds on season 2 pass

Time to time the game crashes, when loading any server. Crashes when interact with wheel of pain or foundry. Game crashes always when I close application

After Installing Conan last night on an older machine. I managed, after about 45 mins to replicate this crash. In this instance when I ran past a box.

With this being said, I believe I may have found a short term fix for this. Since the last crash I’m 4.5 hours in with no issues😁

Hopefully some of you can test this;

Ps4 Users:

PS HOME MENU> SETTINGS> SOUND & SCREEN> VIDEO OUTPUT SETTINGS> RESOLUTION>(change from AUTOMATIC > 720p)

PS4pro Users: (Do the same as above but also);

PS HOME MENU> SETTINGS > SYSTEM> BOOST MODE> OFF

Xbox One Users;

Press Xbox Button> SYSTEM> SETTINGS> DISPLAY& SOUND> VIDEO OUTPUT> TV RESOLUTION> 720p

I have personally played on the PS4pro and PC post patch for at least 15+ hours without any problems. This is definitely something that is not impacting everybody.

I really hope this works for some of you, as it is currently for me.

1 Like

Nice very nice

I’m receiving crashes too - one is an overheat crash from being in proximity to the flame of the tower around I4-I5.

The main one I’m experiencing now is block building crashes. I take out materials such as Hardened Brick and try to create Khitan Ceiling/Walls, etc., but it fails to register a triangle-button press and pressing X afterwards causes an error crash. Playing on an official Oceanic server, and has only happened post-patch.

Open animal pen =crash
Open thrall inventory =crash
Open wheel of pain =crash
Open animal pen =crash
Loading screen =crash
Close the app=crash
Open bench inventory =crash
Middle of a fight=crash
Teleport=crash
Tried to load in so many times n kept crashing that my character died off thirst n lost all my shht
And we gotta deal with this bs until the 13th?! Seriously. .wtf FC
Nice very nice!

1 Like

I keep getting the same thing happen to me, i get the error ce 34878-0. This happens on more than 1 PVP server. It happens at different times, when i try to make something from the wheel, crafting weapon. Never had this problem until this last big update that took forever to download. I get no answers and mods keep closing my posts.

I have crash in wheel of pain sometimes. And every time crash when i closing game. Its hapening since last update. Error ce 34878-0

Just did the update (official PvE server) and it’s crashing every single time I try to build anything (foundation/ceiling/wall etc), 4 straight times blue screen crash (error CE-34878-0). Doubt I’ve ever had that many crashes in total since release, can only remember a couple. Definitely the update.

edit: it’s only when trying to make items in the radial.

1 Like

After 3 days of testing, the above seems to work for me (Single Player Offline) and can last a couple of hours without freezing… as long as you don’t build like crazy and take you time to craft, build and lower your inventory checks.
The nice part of it is that I feel younger with that 720p setting as the displays reminds me when I was playing on my … 386DX25 … :wink: