Game Freezes when loading into a saved game with CO-OP activated

Cant play in coop because the game freezes just after loading the world, i can still play in this world in solo game but it is impossible to coop.
Steps to Reproduce:

  1. Start a new game, any difficulty.
  2. Exit to main menu
  3. Continue game with CO-OP activated
  4. Game will freeze when world and character first show up on screen 99% of the time and the other 1% will be during the loading splash screen.

Having this same issue. Played the game on the 12th with a friend, now can’t get back into game. Had this problem before about a year ago (same computer system). Not using any mods this time. It was suggested that I make sure the Saved folder wasn’t set to read only. I don’t know if that’s what fixed it last time (I can’t remember what fixed it, actually.) I have recently uninstalled and reinstalled the game, so things were set back to default, so whatever I did to fix it before has been lost. I did attempt to fix it this time by unchecking the read only on the Saved folder. There was no change.

link to previous issue: Game Freezes when Continuing a Single Player or Co-op game

Update: Sept 20, 2022 - I was hosting the co-op game when this problem began. So I had my friend relaunch his solo game and he had no problems. So then I had him make a new co-op game and I connected to it fine. Then I logged out, had him log out and back in…and it froze just like mine. We’re now uninstalling the game. Too much hastle.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.