Game is dead! FUNCOM try to save it!

Conan exiles its over. Funcom is amateur.

1 Like

For those want free game on console the deal is offered by Microsoft or Sony as funcom has no control over that if you want free access or game whatever then call them not funcom and if a game is dead then they will not update it further as they have to have positive income results on I certain percentage to fund game thus if it dead or dying they would have pulled the stake out to avoid physical losses of both income and any related tech/system used in Conan exiles

1 Like

We’ll I mean conan never had great pop to begin with the highest they’ve ever had at once was probably 60,000 for one month then it dropped back down to 20,000 drastically . And it’s always been around 10,000-30,000 but i feel like now a days I’m not even sure how many play but these are steam numbers I’m pretty sure on consoles it’s way lower . They just need pop everything about the game is fine

depends on what you define as “dead game”.
are there too few players to justify paying for the servers and some coders to keep fixing it ?
I guess the sales numbers of the latest (ps4) dlc answer this.

will conan exiles ps4 ever have a comeback with “massive” player numbers? unlikely.

I think the more important question is: when they drop it, will they leave it in a state that lets us keep enjoying the game - somehow?
i kinda doubt it. :frowning:

Yes. Remember that pc players can host their own servers. I don’t mean rent them like us console slobs have to do, but run it in their own hardware.

Even if FC stops supporting official servers I don’t see any reason that players on console wouldn’t be able to still rent their own, unless g-portal goes out of business which I don’t anticipate but it is always possible

In that scenario the game on console would likely only be playable in single player or co-op. PC players would still be able to host, and even if that got taken away it wouldn’t be long before someone figured out how to get servers back up.

There is almost a guarantee eventually official servers will shutdown, but I think the people who are predicting it happening anything soon are just worrying themselves.

We just got a new dlc. Siptah just came to console this year. We also got a lot of stuff added by patches like new combat animations for weapons, weapons and shields worn on back, the ability to pick up building materials and several other changes.

That’s a really long way of saying the game is still living up to its expectations financially. If the game was actually in as bad if a place as some believe it would be incredibly unlikely their parent company would still be allowing so much work and paying them to do it.

Just look at Anthem and you’ll get a picture of what kind of continued support a game that is failing will receive

6 Likes

It’s all understable what you all are saying about my post title; but, honestly:
Who is denaying the fact that the game is dead, did you see the number of players on the servers at the raid times?
C’mon guys, the game is almost dead cause all these useless patches (my personal opinion).
I’m reading about belancing pvp; where is the belance in spamming daggers and you cant heal good cause the stupid animation of healings system?
It’s all about numbers.
2 Exiles official servers full on 200 ( on ps) and not even 1 full of siptah isnt an evidence about the death of game?
There are like 2/3 clans fighting on playstation, switching server .
This is the truth!
Cheers guys and have a good day!

Apparently plenty of people if you just look at this thread. And many of them with far more knowledge than me, and probably more than you, about why it isn’t dead.

Updates and additions to the game aren’t proof it’s still alive?

I didn’t know it ever had that many?! With only 40 people per server, even 20k is an insanely large number to me. This isn’t an MMO. I don’t think survival games get the sort of population that other genres do. But I could be wrong. I never claim to know much about anything. lol

5 Likes

It’s not just the title. The title is the tip of the iceberg.

Anyone who understands that “the game” is not the same as “the official PVP servers I bother to check”.

Here’s the thing about personal opinions: everyone has one and everyone thinks theirs is the most important.

That’s the problem with how you opened the thread – not just the title. You tried posting disguising your own opinion as a fact. And I’m not just talking about “the game is dead”, but also why it’s allegedly dead.

Are official PVP servers on PS4 dead? I don’t know if anyone outside Funcom has any source of hard data, but it wouldn’t surprise me if you were right about that. Is it because of “all the useless patches”? Maybe, but I doubt it. As long as I keep hearing about how “Funcom doesn’t ban cheaters”, I’ll keep assuming that the real reason why official PVP servers are dead has nothing to do with combat balance and everything to do with the fact that very few people would have fun playing against cheaters.

But let’s say it’s not because of the cheaters. There’s still the server transfer to take into account. Even some PVP players who kept insisting it’s a good thing have by now changed their minds. Who’s to say that the official PVP servers aren’t empty because people just don’t have fun playing against migratory godlike locust alphas?

But okay, let’s say it’s not because of the cheaters and not because of the server transfers. Since you tagged your thread with “suggestion” tag, what did you actually suggest? The only thing that could be loosly interpreted as a suggestion is “bringing back some elements could help the game to have another chance”. Really, “bringing back some elements”?

This is what people are criticizing. It’s just one more post that boils down to “I don’t like this game anymore”, dressed up to sound factual instead of being presented as an opinion, and without any solid substance to it.

This is not the first post like that we’ve seen, nor are you new to the forums. Everyone on this thread who said you were wrong is a forum user who has seen stuff like this before, and most of them know how it usually plays out. Hell, just look at this:

If @sestus2009, who is one of the most gentle and polite people I’ve seen on these forums, felt the need to write that before anyone called him names, what do you think that says about threads like the one you started here?

8 Likes

What I am confused about is that we play the game, we actually made accounts on Funcom and are actively discussing said game…isn’t that, by definition, being “fan boys”? :crazy_face:

1 Like

images (1)~4

4 Likes

Did you know CE has more active players than Madden NFL 22?

2 Likes

Such a low energy thread. Back in my day, they’d use more caps to get their point across. You didn’t even call them ■■■■■■■. I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed. You could do better at complaining.

6 Likes

There is a video on the Raycevick channel on youtube called “How much does multiplayer population matter?”. If you have 15 minutes to spare I really recommend you watching.

(I was reading the community guidelines and apparently I can’t post links that don’t belong to me, so that’s why no links)

2 Likes

No more than half of players base is on console devs said so on stream so at least 50 k and don’t forget that steam don’t count single players (last I checked) so number probably higher than 25k

2 Likes

I doubt it I don’t think steam counts console players and steam usually shows 7-10k people per month which isn’t that bad but that’s expected since more people play on pc. One thing shroud said when he played conan was that nobody plays the game for pvp . But to me I thought the PvP servers were more populated then anything else . So if that’s the direction they really going for then less pvp players will be playing it in the future. They still only drop dlcs before fixing certain stuff

A fanboy is more similar to a fanatic in their respective mentality. Liking something and putting some effort into it is not anywhere near the same thing as ‘fanboy’. When you see someone on here defending everything that Funcom touches while posting cosplay pix…then you’ll know we’ve hit fanboy levels.

3 Likes

Agreed
A fan boy would go along with every thing that is done questionable or not not many people do that myself I have complained about plenty of issues in the past 3 years. Right now logging into PS4 is a pain in the butt getting kicked out from Funcom start up and then message saying some features not available and a bright light that is following me from character to character across 2 server’s about 30 degrees from where I am facing. Will have to get a good screen shot of that and send it in.

1 Like

The way I read your post was 20k rounding of players base but I would say at least 5 k single players on pc so 15 k on pc but on console given the new number 25k on console may be as I honestly can’t give exactly the right number since I don’t have every count on the game world wide but just a estimate

Unfortunately the bright white dot I mentioned has now shown up with the morning news just not as bad :confused: makes me sad. ConanExiles has broken my :tv:. Just kidding.

1 Like

Maybe they should close the pvp servers because it seems that nobody like to play pvp. I changed after an year from pvp to pvec.
There was every time someone who use glitches and exploits and other things like this. Also don’t have the time to protect every day my base.

I can not understand why healing animations and other changes to healing are a problem. For me That was one little exploit that is fixed now
Why people need to heal while fighting? Fight or run away but don’t start healing every 2 seconds without any animation. That also was one reason I leave pvp.

Or the time when your dancers makes you immortal…

4 Likes