Getting a Fatal Error when starting the GamePass version

Game mode: [SELECT ONE] Single-player
Type of issue: [SELECT ONE] Crash
Server type: [SELECT ONE] PvE
Region: [ Europe ]
Mods?: [ Are mods installed: No ]
Edition: [ Select one: Game Pass]

Bug Description:

A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

Launching the game from the Xbox PC app, I get an error reporting window, and a fatal error crash. It happens every single time. so long as I don’t click ok on the fata error I can go back to the game, but it crashes to desktop after a few minutes anyway.

It’s installed on a second drive (I don’t have the space to install it on my C drive).

NB Saw in places that uninstalling Windows update KB5008212 fixes the issue, however that update has been replaced with KB5009542. I was able to roll back 9542 so that I can now try and uninstall 8212 but when I do I get a 0x800f0905 error from the uninstall process.

Hope you can get it fixed or provide a workaround please!

Installed Mods:

If you answered ‘Yes’ to using mods, please list all your active mods. Otherwise, skip or delete this section.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Launch the game from the Xbox PC app
  2. Crash
1 Like

Would be nice to know if you’re even working on a fix, or if I’m just totally wasting my time here.

1 Like

Hi @Mikeuk_3

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.

One workaround is to make sure you install Conan Exiles on your C drive.
We are also working on our next game update that will hopefully help resolve this issue once the game is updated.

In the meantime can you try to reinstall the game and see if the issue persists?

Moving it to my C drive in the windows settings / apps page did the trick. It no longer errors on start. However, presumably not an option for everyone given the massive size of the game (104GB on my machine).

Hope you manage to patch a fix in! Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.