Greetings everyone: Introduction Thread!

Hi!

Possibly returning Conqueror!

I know i should not let it happen, but this all seem like AOC is getting some kind of attention again? Now, will it?

I asked these questions on the current forums (twice) but they haven’t been answered there so I will try here:

Will you copy over information from the current/other after the 14 February 2018 closure of those forums?

If you copy threads over from those forums for us … will the owner of the original post be able claim them here?

A couple more:
what is the method you recommend for us to tell you which posts we would like moved?

Does it have to be the owner of the post who makes the request? Relevant because there are posts from people who stopped playing a long time ago

Hail Xotli! \m// First character I rolled, and the one I rolled on Saga.

Hey @Kwalya

Each user is able to copy over his or her topic from the old forums to the new.

If there is something you absolutely can’t live without, let me know. You do not have to be the author for requesting topics to be moved over. If we copy over a topic the appropriate credits will be given to the original author at the top of the post.

Sunstar.

2 Likes

I probably was not clear enough about what I meant about “ownership” … it’s more than acknowledgement of authorship …it’s the right to edit the post.
If the community manager/moderators copy a thread from the old forums to here - can you give editing rights to the creator of the original thread?
For example, a moderator copies over the entire thread about a custom UI for the creator of that UI as they want all the replies to come as well …can you then give them the right to edit their first post on that thread if that is where they continue to update the link to get the UI? (Often they “bump” the thread to let people know they’ve updated the UI in the first post)

Whilst I can appreciate you will not wish to do that for every user, but for the threads that we, the community, ask you to transfer is it even possible?

Hello everyone! :grin:
I am Bear from Death Before Dishonor! If you are an Old Timer from Agony PVP Server you may remember me! I am Currently residing on Fury PVP.
I have been playing AoC since Pre-Order access and absolutely love this game! :heart_eyes:
Over the past 3 years I have introduced dozens of players from our other games to AoC and they loved what they seen from an older game! I am very happy to see the Event server has such a healthy population and now some of the players I introduced can see the game play as intended from a PVE standpoint!
I love the new forum and I am very excited to see that you will be adding in house Forums for SWL and Exiles! I always hated going to the Toxic Communities on Steam for game discussion.
I would really like to see this forum expanded upon with categories such as individual class discussion, Server Discussion and a Guild Hall!

To go a bit off topic I still think there is future potential for this game, especially with the release Official release of Exiles right around the corner and the Amazon Series in the near future! I really hope that Funcom takes advantage of this!

Let’s make Hyboria Great Again! :muscle::+1:

:bear:

1 Like

Yup, thats it.
Conan Exiles is the reason why i came back to AoC last year.
After hundres of hours of playing Exiles the magnificent and mysterious Conan setting from Howard hooked me so much that i decided to give AoC a shot again.
Now i have more playtime on AoC than Exiles :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

Hey to all those who remember me from Blackscar server back in the days of the year of 2009!

Would like to chit-chat with all those who I cursed with my ToS on my journey to my master, Set! :smiling_imp:

It was a nice ride from Tortage to Dragon Spine and even after almost 10 years this game is still one of the most original (be it lore, combat, combos, soundtrack) MMO for me.

Is there a future for AoC? Not sure but for Conan the future is bright - Exiles coming in May out of early access and fully modable (thanks to UE4). I wish AoC could be as mod friendly as CE. Funcom will get new areas, monsters, quests, abilities, feats, AAs and much more for free from fans (look at ARK modders).

Enjoy AoC with your friends - that is where it shines the most.

Lord Graa,
Set faithful servant since 09!

I imagine the copy process is entirely manual. So at best they would only copy the starting post/posts from the author. They wouldn’t copy every reply.

I also doubt it is possible to give editing rights to specific posts to anyone.

Hi peeps.

Hello, world. :smiley:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Why hello everyone!

Just here to make sure you youngsters - Keep Off My Lawn!

hello there. :wave:

ho god, so much emoticons.

hello,
nice to meet you.

1 Like