GSP's Halloween 2019 Brainstorming thread (AO)

As some of you may know, I collect ideas every year at GridStream parties for Halloween brainstorming. After two weeks, I curate them into a somewhat ordered list, we put them in some semblance of order, and I put a little more detail into our favorites, with reference images where appropriate. Then I send those off to FC roughly two months before the event, hopefully about the time they’re looking for ideas of new stuff to add. I’ve just started that thread again for this Halloween.

Posting the official list on the GSP forums and linking to it from the AO and SWL forums worked well last year, so let’s go with that again. On the GSP forums, I don’t have to worry about dividing the list between AO and SWL, and the post length and editing restrictions are much looser, so I can manage the list better as ideas come in.

If you have an idea you’d like to add to our list, the thread is at http://forums.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29560

If you’re too lazy to make a GSP forum account to post it, go ahead and tack it on here. I should see it and I can just copy it over.

Once I’ve finalized the list, I’ll post the whole thing here too, but separated into AO and SWL posts.

And yes, you can always just post your own suggestion any time you want, but I find that these threads, especially the discussions of them at parties, bring up a lot more ideas and more of them actually get posted in a big pile FC can more easily find. So let’s hear it. What do you want Uncle Pumpkinhead’s billion clones to bring you this year?

2 Likes

Cyborg skull shoulderpads :smiley:

afbeelding

A new BACKPACK, preferably not nodrop but nd is ok too… maybe a skull one? The mini-bull skull icon could be the visual asset for something different or just one of t-shirt skulls?

Fancy dress ball domino masks like so:

Something from/related to all the superhero movies out this year? If you wanted to go spandex the various SL Tight Armors would probably suit… (er, pun intended after the fact :smiley: )

1 Like

Well, we did get green, pink, and potentially black “Metamorphogenetic” suits last year. And grey if you count the Statuesque one. It doesn’t get more Spandex than those. And there’s always the old Champion and Heroic costumes. Got any more specific details that would be different from what we already have? Or do you just want something like those, but new?

Was there one of these for the 18th Anniversary? If so, how did that go?

I don’t usually ask for ideas for the Anniversary. I’ve brought it up now and then, but not much comes up. I’ve never gone as far as posting it, but most of the ideas come from shows, not posts, so I might have had a small handful of ideas, not enough to make a big deal out of. I don’t think I had anything to send in this spring that was specifically about the Anniversary. Halloween and Christmas are the ones that get the most ideas.

Thanks, in that case I would adjust my question and ask if its normal to request items for events and do these requests have a history of being considered by FC? Or is this just a fun hypothetical kind of thing? Legit not being negative just curious. Expectations that sort of thing.

I was just going for new but easy-ISH to make. Maybe race specific only variants. E.g., an Atrox “Mr Mundane” or Opifex “Ms Unbendable”.

I think there’s already costumes & parts from most of the classic monster movies but I don’t remember any for The Wolfman?

I’ve seen some amazing costumes IRL but my all-time favorite was the guy who came as a Dining Room Table.

I’m maybe not the best judge of what’s a normal thing to do, but these holiday suggestion lists are a thing I’ve been doing for about ten years now and I keep doing them for a reason. Even if nobody was listening, they’re fun, but I have, in the past, had an indication that someone actually was reading them.

A couple years ago, most of the new Halloween items were things we suggested. Now, considering that our lists at the time were well over 100 items a year, just for Halloween, it’s entirely possible that FC came up with new items on their own that happened to also be among the plethora of ideas we sent in. A few items here and there other years seemed more like a coincidence, but that year kinda strained the doubt.

We’re not going to get proof unless FC starts having official contests, but evidence we have.

The odds of any particular idea from this list showing up in game this year are low, but they’re even lower if you don’t suggest it at all.

Due to an unfortunate confluence of technical difficulties and otherwise cancelled shows, we’ve only got 30 ideas on the list and time’s almost up, so I’m extending the ideas collection another week. Since the difficulties appear to be ongoing as of this morning, if there are any more ideas here, please share them on this forum or GSP’s forum instead of waiting to discuss them at a show.