GSP's Halloween 2021 Brainstorming Thread (AO)

I’m collecting ideas at GridStream parties again for Halloween brainstorming. After two weeks, we’ll put them in some semblance of order, and I’ll put a little more detail into our favorites, with reference images where appropriate. Then I’ll send the whole list off to FC roughly two months before the event, hopefully about the time they’re looking for ideas of new stuff to add. So yeah, it has to start pretty early. I’ve just started that thread again for this Halloween on the GSP forums.

Posting the official list on the GSP forums and linking to it from the AO and SWL forums worked well so far, so let’s go with that again. On the GSP forums, I don’t have to worry about dividing the list between games, and the post length and editing restrictions are much looser, so I can manage the list better as ideas come in.

If you have an idea you’d like to add to our list, the thread is at http://forums.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30043

If you don’t have a GSP forum account to post your ideas there, go ahead and tack it on here. I should see it and I can just copy it over. Or better yet, come to a show so we can talk it over and bounce it around a bit. That often results in more and better ideas.

Once I’ve finalized the list, I’ll post the whole thing here too, but separated into AO and SWL posts.

And yes, you can always just post your own suggestion any time you want, but I find that these threads, especially the discussions of them at parties, bring up a lot more ideas and more of them actually get posted in a big pile FC can more easily find. So let’s hear it. What do you want The Pumpkinman’s clone uncles to bring you this year?

1 Like

As always, from me, a new Backpack…Candy Corn one or Witch’s Caldron maybe.

A new hover-bike is always appreciated but I’m tapped out for ideas for one,

How about a junk-bike made from discarded reclaim terminals duct-taped to pieces of the old abandoned square city-social whompahs?

1 Like

It’s been quite a year for the grieving pumpkin head’s, it seems they’ve found love! Mrs. or Mr. or Thister Pumpkinhead has come to back their beloved in combat~! If you and your team can manage to weather the combined force of this dynamic duo, then PHATS will ensure your Halloween is more treat than trick!

Possible loot includes : Docaholic’s other ring MM MC BI ring with nano init and max hp
Lindelu’s stripped pajama’s back item - nano skills evades ts skills AC’s and coffee stains *special effect on click locks perception for 600 seconds 240
second buff 15 dm 15 evades 18 aggdef 2 crit increase 100 inits and -5 skill lock modifier
Macrosun’s actual punching gloves: 400-600 (666) 2/1.75 MA weapon with brawl dimach and fast attack

more loot
Michizure’s special earthquake machine: spawns a giant Mr. Squeaky that explodes and rumbles the ground (cooldown 1 min)
Mean’s Mr meany: a lvl 200 req variant of the patchwork defensive drone
Raetos’s unbiased belt: neut only version of belt of great justice
A pack of Silirrion’s deep fried steaks(100 stack): consumable gives the same buff as Silirrion scones but also polymorphs randomly into either a bronto, a shadow, or a rhinoman
ShadowGod’s bigger picture: painting for home that’s just Mr. Squeaky destroying civilization.
Vhab’s factual damage calculator: hud 1 with add dmg 45 add off 45 add def -45
Lucier’s cup of strong liqour: 200-400(420) 1.4/1.4 1 hand blunt weapon with chemical dmg and 4% chance to stun enemy 6% chance to lower init’s 1000 enemy for 30 seconds and a 2% chance to cast debuff on user “the worst kind of inebriated” that forces you to see in the old fisheye lens green of advanced scent sensor for a minute.
Darkbane’s Dark Bane: A weapon with a chance blinding the enemy reducing AAO by 500 ( I honestly cannot remember what weapon DB used rip.)
Saavick’s strap of Rubi-ka: a lowbie pistol that has a high chance of giving a small vehicle air and runspeed buff *activation effect: 30 minute cooldown beacon to Reet’s Retreat.

You realize that’s about 6 years worth of loot, right? I can certainly include it, but I think you’re aiming a galaxy or three too high.

my primary argument for so many items on this list is because I have high expectations because working on testlive I saw first hand what devs are capable of. my secondary arguments include; doing a list of items I suspect several of these will be ruled out anyways or perhaps saved for another year. I set high expectations for myself in game (doing subway in record times, challenge runs without active healers in subway, having a box but never selling loot only giving it out freely, power leveling players free of charge, running the froob raids, doing deferential analysis on damage and survivability of my builds, etc) so I set high expectations for the game itself. with everything in life, true labors of love require sacrifices, and I respect the devs sacrifices, regardless I’m going to hold them to the highest standards because I hold myself to them :slight_smile:

1 Like