GSP's Halloween 2018 Brainstorming thread

As some of you may know, I collect ideas every year at GridStream parties for Halloween brainstorming. After two weeks, I curate them into a somewhat ordered list, we put them in some semblance of order, and I put a little more detail into our favorites, with reference images where appropriate. Then I send those off to FC roughly two months before the event, hopefully about the time they’re looking for ideas of new stuff to add. I’ve just started that thread again for this Halloween.

This is the first year I’ve had the option of also putting that list on an official froob-friendly FunCom forum, but unless someone has a real compelling argument, I think I’m going to stick to the way we’ve always done it. On the GSP forums, I don’t have to worry about dividing the list between AO and SWL and the post length and editing and such restrictions are much looser, so I can manage the list better as ideas come in.

If you have an idea you’d like to add to our list, the thread is at http://forums.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29294

If you’re too lazy to make a GSP forum account to post it, go ahead and tack it on here. I should see it and I can just copy it over.

Once I’ve finalized the list, I’ll see if I can post the whole thing here too. I’m not sure what the post size and image link limits are, but we’ll see.

And yes, you can always just post your own suggestion any time you want, but I find that these threads, especially the discussions of them at parties, bring up a lot more ideas and more of them actually get posted in a big pile FC can more easily find. So let’s hear it. What do you want Uncle Pumpkinhead to bring you this year?

This must be working or you just have amazing patience?

A little of both? I enjoy doing it and it’s been a tradition for a while now, and yeah, it has been successful. Of course, not everything we suggest gets into the game, but there have been some occasions when everything new added in a particular event was something we’d suggested. I mean, that could have been a coincidence. We often have over a hundred Halloween ideas a year, so it’s entirely possible that what they came up with that year just happened to have also been on our lists at one time or another.

I can’t help them have time to make more stuff for us, but I can help gather the ideas that players might otherwise not get around to posting for themselves, so when they do have time, there’s a whole bunch of wild ideas, and maybe even some plausible ones, to get the creative process going. If I had the technical details to design some item or clothing textures to spec, I’d give it a try, but with what I have, this is what I can do.