GSP's Christmas 2019 Brainstorming thread (AO)

As some of you may know, I collect ideas every year at GridStream parties for Christmas brainstorming. After two weeks, I curate them into a somewhat ordered list, we put them in some semblance of order, and I put a little more detail into our favorites, with reference images where appropriate. Then I send those off to FC roughly two months before the event, hopefully around the time they patch in whatever’s new for Halloween and start planning Christmas.

I’m starting a little earlier this year so we’ll have three weeks, just in case the instabilities we’ve been dealing with lately slow things down. So if all goes well, we’ll have three weeks to collect ideas, and if not, I should still be able to get this posted before Halloween events.

Posting the official list on the GSP forums and linking to it from the AO and SWL forums worked well last year, so let’s go with that again. On the GSP forums, I don’t have to worry about dividing the list between AO and SWL, and the post length and editing restrictions are much looser, so I can manage the list better as ideas come in.

If you have an idea you’d like to add to our list, the thread is at http://forums.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29712

If you’re too lazy to make a GSP forum account to post it, (or that’s just not working for whatever reason,) go ahead and tack it on here. I should see it within a day or two and I can just copy it over.

Once I’ve finalized the list, I’ll post the whole thing here too, but separated into AO and SWL posts.

And yes, you can always just post your own suggestion any time you want, but I find that these threads, especially the discussions of them at parties, bring up a lot more ideas and more of them actually get posted in a big pile FC can more easily find. So let’s hear it. What do you want Santa Leet to bring you this year?

1. New Backpack-- skinned as Ornament, snowflake, holly leaf, snowman’s head, Xmas tree, Star.

2. New vehicle-- Giant Candy Cane? The long skinny hover-bike might be re-workable as one.

3. Oversized sunglasses with holiday bling.

4. Alien Leet Elf pet.

5. Snowball Grenade launcher

6. full sized alien elf costume.

7. Scrooge as a boss in mission.

I’d say send off the suggestions around this time of year.

I was thinking more like the Besom Sky Sweeper broomstick? If it’s more like a hover-bike, is the hook of the candy cane behind you, like a back rest, or in front, for handles? Or is it two hooks in front for handlebars?

Uhm… what? Could you be a little more specific what you imagine that looks like? I’m thinking a green scaly-looking leet with an elf hat? That’s a little creepy. Is that what you were going for?

Bringing back the social snowball nano is already on the list. Would this just be a QL1 rocket launcher that casts that nano when clicked? Like Adrienne’s bow? I don’t know if that script could be adapted to work on a weapon but target friendlies. I guess we can ask, though.

Again, what’s an alien elf? Is it one of those cricket-looking aliens with a Santa hat? And how would that be a costume? Do you mean a morph? Or do you mean a more Christmassy version of the old Veteran alien costume?

Well, obviously not “Ebeneezer Scrooge.” We have Fleet Commander Grin’Cha, the boss of the Santa Leet’s Workshop missions, but that’s about close enough to copying a classic. I guess there could be a new mission, very loosely based on an idea inspired by a story someone remembered being told about having heard of A Christmas Carol. Something like three ghosts and then some ICC penny-pincher too hyper-capitalist even for Omni. Kind of a big vague idea, but it’s an idea. Anyone have any little vague details that would fit with that without being completely plagiarism?

Candy Cane bike-- I like both your ideas, slight pref for hook on the back one.

Alien leet pet yeah, the smallest alien with some leet morphing.

Snowball launcher-- Say an OT-12 with a candy cane skin.

Alien costume-- this exactly: “…a more Christmassy version of the old Veteran alien costume?”

“A Christmas Carol” is public domain. You can borrow from it & modify it at will. (small detail-- adapt ghost costumes & ghost shoulder light for social wear)

Some of this stuff I could see being useful for Halloween too.

1 Like

There hasn’t been any commentary on the collected ideas on the GSP forums. Not really surprising, as not too many people actually use those lately. So here’s the current list, at least the AO part of it. Maybe we’ll get some discussion going here. There’s one more week left to collect ideas, so please feel free to comment on these or add more.

1. Virgin killer minidress, knit grey with silver threads

2. Green Spanx with red handprints

3. iridescent rainbow taffeta and opal bead steel boned corsets
    https://www.facebook.com/RainbowCurveCorsetry/photos/a.1490242064629430/2369541866699441/

4. starbrite mint bikini and stockings
    like this or this

5. frozen excavation site loot table
    remove from the loot table:

• bearded box with bow (it’s in Borealis)
  • duplicate placards (just the one Snowflake Placard is enough)
  • a snowflake shirt (keep either red or white)
    replace with missing items:
  • Candy Cane prop weapon
  • Santa Leet Doll
  • Snowman
  • Snowball Fighting Manual v2.1
  • Old Fashioned Apple Cider
  • Snow Shovel
  • Igloo
  • Present Placard
  • Fruit Cake
  • Bouquet of Winter
  1. Pet snowman that moves like BB-8 by using the rolling animation from a rollerrat on the bottom snowball, but the two snowballs on top just lean forward
    with creepy and cute variations

2. wassail

3. Rupert the Red-Nosed Swiftwind and/or Randolph the Bright-Horned Silvertail

4. a variation of the hula outfit, but with silver tinsel instead of a green lei, and a little microskirt made of holly, tied on with a mistletoe vine

5. a fairy godmother wand, the kind with a big star on the end, that you can equip to wave around and click to case random sparkles

6. trox thong with a gingerbread man on the cabbage

• Maybe a couple different versions, featuring the various gingerbread cookies?
  • Boxers with a repeating pattern of gingerbread men, hearts, and women?
  • Thongs with any one of them - click to change - or gingerbread yuttos for the jokers
  1. red satin babydoll and thigh-high stockings, white panties, green hollybough belt and sparse details.

2. marching baton, possibly spinning in your hand when clicked, red and white spiral like the candy cane, but straight and narrow, and a gold and purple marching band uniform to go with it

3. eggnog that gives a red and/or green sparkle effect

4. green version of Santa Hat

5. spray can of scent deletion nanos, or canned Christmas hearth smell, the smell of chestnuts roasting on a pine fire in a stove made of peppermint sticks

6. Icy mint gum so cooling it causes a brief snowstorm around you like a snow blower

7. a variation of the sleigh nano pulled by a team of antleets wearing jetpacks

8. mistletoe bikini bottom

9. Something like Adrienne’s heart halves quest that involves cooperation with other players. Like cooperative snowman construction.

10. a shoort [sic] red and white skirt with a bikini top

11. bring back the social snowball nano (Snowball Throwing Manual v2.1)

12. friendly nano that causes a local snowfall like the snow blower toys, but longer lasting

13. New Backpack-- skinned as Ornament, snowflake, holly leaf, snowman’s head, Xmas tree, Star

14. New vehicle-- Giant Candy Cane? The long skinny hover-bike might be re-workable as one
    the long straight part of the candy cane points forward and the hook comes up behind you for a backrest

15. Oversized sunglasses with holiday bling

16. Alien Leet Elf pet

• You know how the dog xenomorph in Alien3 came out a quadrupedal dog-like alien? Imagine a leet-hybrid alien like that, like one of those cricket-type aliens with a spiny tail and no front paws. Then he takes the hat and booties from the elfleet he spawned from to camouflage himself and infiltrate Santa Leet’s workshop to sabotage the ongoing efforts to evict Grin’Cha’s forces.
  • Or just a leet-sized cricket alien with a hat if that’s too much.
  1. Snowball Grenade launcher
    like an OT-12 with a candy cane skin that fires the social snowballs on clicking, like Adrienne’s bow does

2. full sized alien elf costume
    a more Christmassy version of the old Veteran alien costume

3. Scrooge as a boss in mission
    Apparently that’s legal. “A Christmas Carol” is so old it’s public domain. So there could be a mission with ghosts of past, present, and future, and even NPCs named Marley and Tiny Tim and a boss named Scrooge, and it would be fine. But I still like the idea of adapting it to AO by way of verbal history, passing down the story from one generation of leets to the next. And it doesn’t take many leety retellings to totally confuzzle a story.
    The reward could include a Christmas Ghost version of the Halloween Horror Ghost costume that makes you translucent, and a Christmassy version of the shoulder ghost lamp.

4. Morninglight St Nicholas outfit
    the same outfit the ghost wears at the end of The Christmas Conspiracy, but opaque and in the Morninglight white & gold colour scheme, instead of translucent red and white, and maybe with a matching mitre

5. lump of coal outfits

6. pet lump of coal (shem)

7. A minigame where you deliver construction paper to random children in the Tokyo slums.

• You choose either to give a red piece or blue piece to protect them from the appropriate Namahage.
  • Getting a certain amount correct nets you the Morninglight Santa outfit.
  • And if you’re a Dragon, rather than construction paper, it’s toilet paper (no kidding, the Korean ‘namahage’ sits in bathroom stalls to scare children).
  1. make the cookie frosting wearable

2. translucent pastel colored pet hecklers - rock candy

3. apartments that can hold more than a backpack

• maybe 100 items per apartment
  1. a proper blouse and some nice slacks

2. wrapped gift backpack

3. chocolate toffee

4. chocolate yalms

5. reindeer, wild and/or pet

6. UPH in Santa suit dancing doll

7. chocolate support beam
    maybe tear open the gift-wrapped one and take a bite

8. giant box that a character can burst out of, for screen-cap photos

9. photo-op cutout Christmas scenes with holes so you can stand behind them and take a selfie

10. glowing red nose

11. tiny pets

• a little mousie in a nightgown and cap, stirring a cup of tea
  • a mouse-size antleet (in the Scrooge mission, with a stapler)
  1. flannel pajamas
  • green and red plaid
  • red and white check
  • blue too, but please not faction-exclusive
  1. A dead pine tree strung with blinking UV LEDs and burgundy tinsel the color of dried blood

2. hot chocolate that buffs cold AC and chocolate craving resistance

• maybe +2 Stamina even, like an extruder bar
  1. Grin’Cha doll
    – it’s not actually a plushie, it’s what really happens to Grin’Cha when he just disappears without dropping the loot

2. a VR gaming rig with a simulation speed setting so you can get in a full week of gaming every night

3. a hippopotamus

4. a pet wooden cuckoo bird that escaped from a very large and slightly magical clock

5. a Bing Crosby mask and suit

6. white leet with red spots in a dalmation pattern

7. red and white color swap of the Oscura outfit, with some green details, like a holly brooch or a thin vine of mistletoe for a belt

8. QL0 MA special attack “Smack to the Smackitty Smack”

9. MA attack nano “Fists of Epicine”, 1 damage for 1 nano, casting time -300, no cooldown, damage based on Heavy Weapons skill (and Martial Arts). Break that nano button off on some punk.

10. Slow Djinn Fizz - a carbonated drink made by intellectually challenged elemental spirits, so viscous that the bubbles take a full minute to rise to the top and pop

11. a tangled bunch of old school Christmas lights, like the fist-sized frosted bulbs and tear-shaped ornaments and boiling bubble lights, all too tangled to get on a tree, so they’re held up in a big vaguely tree-shaped tangle by a hovering drone, like the balloons inverted

12. a little black skullcap hat with a model yalm on top – a Yalmica

13. Christmas cards like the Valentines

14. Omni-zon gift cards that can only be redeemed from the head office on Earth, postage not included
    Minimum order for free shipping is equal to the number of miles between you and the planet of origin

1 Like