Here’s the AO portion of the final list. If you’re interested in both AO and SWL, it might be easier to read the combined list on the GSP forum: http://forums.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29335&p=234446#p234446
- [both] Xmas thigh-highs and/or leggings, like AO’s Halloween ones
In AO, this would be a Christmas version of the striped Halloween tights/stockings, either continuing up to a low waist, like SWL’s elfin leggins, or with a little bare thigh showing below matching panties or boyshorts. Or even better with both options. And they’d have to set a low priority foot texture, too, so we can either wear boots over them or have stockings all the way down to some matching slippers or something.
In SWL, I guess they’d be separate colors to collect, rather than changing colors with a right-click like in AO. Unfortunately, there’s still no lingerie layer, (I’m still assuming you want to do that someday) so they’ll have to be either leg items with a hip part, as above, or foot items that cover halfway up the thigh, if you can manage that. If both are possible, having options would again be even better.
Also several designs were suggested, not just colors, so again, the more options the better:
- candy cane stripes, like the ones in the next idea’s drawing, in traditional peppermint red and white, green and red, or green, white and red
- white with white lace tops and red back seam and bow, like https://www.yandy.com/Sexy-Emergency-White-Stockings-with-Red-Medic-Back-Seam.php (without the nurse costume cross, and maybe put the bow on the back of the thigh instead of the calf)
- black with white lace tops, like Santa’s boots, like https://www.lingeriediva.com/collections/hosiery/products/sheer-lace-thigh-high (with white lace instead of pink and it doesn’t need the bow)
- green stockings with red details… I couldn’t find an example of, and I suspect there’s a reason for that. That might not look good. Or maybe a holly theme would work?
- [both] strappy stripey candy cane bikini
This is an example I came up with a few years ago, trying to design the rest of an outfit that would go with candy cane striped thigh-high stockings. I still think it needs better shoes than what I’ve drawn, but the rest is pretty much exactly what I want. It should work in both AO and SWL, and if you wanted to make matching outfits like this for the other thigh-highs listed above, that would be awesome, but at least this one would be a good start.
- [AO] scarves
We clearly don’t need any more of these in SWL, but a scarf for AO that fits like a cape, in the back slot, would be new. Some of the cloak options hang a little to the side, like the Desert Nomad Cloak, so I imagine a scarf wouldn’t be much different than that, just narrower and a little shorter. A couple different color options would be nice. The usual Christmas reds and greens, maybe browns and greys for the off season, white for Penumbra camoflage.
- [both] “Nice List” outfit to go with the “Naughty List Bikini”
AO’s had that “Naughty List Bikini” for what, a decade now? And there’s still no “Nice List” outfit? This idea also works for SWL, but they’d need the “Naughty List Bikini” copied over there first. Heck, they just need that anyway.
- Nice List Swimsuit - vintage 1940’s style one-piece, red with white snowflakes and bows, maybe ruffles like the SWL “bikinis”
- Nice List Play Suit - jogging gear / sports bra and tennis shorts / leotard and tights (less 1980’s aerobics, more 2000’s yoga)
- Nice List Nightwear - Christmas version of Adrienne’s Valentine’s Day Naughty Nightwear from AO
- [both] red and green pasties / nipple shields
Because sometimes the Naughty List isn’t naughty enough. If Krampus is coming for you anyway, may as well have fun with it. This isn’t even the naughtiest stuff that was suggested, but I’m trying to keep it within the established ratings. Barely.
- with tassels / tinsel
- with blinking Christmas lights
- shiny hemispheres, like Christmas Tree balls, with tinsel tassels hanging from the hooks in front
- ribbon bows
- [both] snowflake lingerie
There were two ideas that came up for this. The one that’s been on previous Christmas lists was a snowflake bikini, like three of AO’s Snowflake Nanosprays sized down and applied as chest and leg items. Like this: http://forums.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21449#p177365
The second, which I don’t think we’ve asked for before, is a white mesh teddy, almost transparent like the white fishnet stockings on the 2nd and 6th Anniversary Play Costumes, with opaque snowflakes on it here and there. The snowflakes would stand out as the part that /doesn’t/ shimmer with moire interference. Or maybe hexagonal lace so it looks like a frosted window with snowflake decorations. Not just the mandatory three flakes as above, but a little flurry of them scattered about. Kind of like these:
- [AO] a way to get lowbies to Santa Leet’s Workshop and back
Meetmedere isn’t as dangerous as Uturn, but it’s a long run at low runspeed if you can’t use the grid or a Yalmaha yet. Christmas events should be more lowbie-friendly. It’s always children saving Christmas in the movies.
How about putting a toy catapult, like the “Win Button” with a rocket sled, in ICC so Santa Leet can fling newbies to MeetMeDere. Where the Santa Leet’s Workshop exit teleporter lands would be a good landing spot. And then retune the exit teleporter (it’s been misaligned way too long) to drop them back in ICC instead. Maybe on the grass by the statue, or on top of the Transportation building.
Or you could put another Santa Leet in MeetMeDere so we only have to run all the way across Newland Desert once. Or at least an Elfleet assistant there who can give the same mission.
[AO] “Elfleets are Slave Labor” t-shirts and placards
[both] velvet bodysuit
Long sleeves, no legs, and all velvet. Dark red velvet, like cranberry or burgundy. Lace top stay-up ivory thigh-high stockings. Matching red slippers or heels.
- [both] top hat with mistletoe dangling off the front
…so you can position it over the person you’re wanting to smooch. Maybe instead of straight, tilt it at a cheeky angle? That’s a couple degrees less than a jaunty angle, right?
- [both] red ribbon bikini
Every year we ask for the “just a red ribbon” outfit, but you keep passing on it. What if we call it “Red Miiir with Bows” instead? If the Miiir outfit didn’t have all those leg bands, it would be pretty much this. Then just put a bow on it. I have extra Beautiful Ribbon Bows leftover from the Anniversary if it helps.
- [both] Christmas beverages
- hot chocolate
- mulled apple wine
- hot spiced cider
- buttered rum
- hot spiced mead
- and eggnog, of course
- moonshine? for those who think Plumbo is too healthy for them? But call it “White Lightning” or something.
- Moose Milk (it’s a Canadian thing - 2 parts eggnog, 1 part vanilla ice cream, 1 part rum, sprinkle with nutmeg)
- [AO] statuesque angel wings
Same shape as the Anniversary Angel Wings, but recolored to match the Statuesque outfit, for angel statue costumes. Or I guess you could add this to the next Anniversary event. Or just make the old Angel Wings change color with a right-click.
- [both] red flannel or red/green plaid onesie, or PJs
Like the colorful onesies we got in SWL for social media campaigns, but less trademark icon colors and more Norman Rockwell Christmas.
- [both] One-shoulder soiree dress in red and white candy cane stripes
Same cut as SWL’s current “One-shoulder soiree dress”, just make that one shoulder one of the stripes, and the rest of the dress continue that pattern in red and white stripes. Spiral, not circles, so the stripes appear to move like a barber’s pole when you twirl. Well… a curvy barber’s pole.
- [both] classic ski bunny outfit
- AO - like the Stylish Skiing Outfit, but red and white, with a smaller (midriff) jacket with the zipper down
- SWL - something less bulky than the winter gear we have now, more suited to sipping mulled cider with rum in a ski lodge and hitting on instructors than actually skiing
- [both] “naughty” and “nice” outfits
AO’s had a “Naughty List Bikini” for a long time, but as mentioned at the top of the list, SWL still doesn’t, and there’s still no “Nice” version. How about a whole new outfit for both that comes in Naughty and Nice variants? I imagine a corset or bustier, matching panties, garter belt, thigh-high stockings, high heels, and long gloves, all in either white lace or black leather. For boys, maybe a nice jacket, no shirt, well fitting dress slacks and shoes, and a flat brim hat.
- [both] Christmas Frank N. Furter (male and female versions)
- white fur-lined black leather above the knee boots
- black fishnet stockings
- black booty shorts
- black leather corset with white fur trim and silver details
- [AO] new “Holiday Hologram” effects gizmos
- red and green particle fountain like 1HB or Treatment Expertise effects
- Red / Green Slow Spheres - “Slow spheres form several pulses, slowly bursting outward”
- [both] red and green gloves
- both plain red and plain green, as well as red/green with holiday colored trim/wrists
[AO] snowman pet on a little sled like Mr. Wheelie
[AO] wrapped gift morph
- just like the cardboard box effect from that lowbie daily, but with the texture of a random Christmas Gift box
- [both] tiny mouse-sized pets
- mini-swiftwind / tiny pony
- little dancing fairy
- [both] wearable cookie frosting
- the same frosting we put on gingerbread cookies in AO, as a chest item
[both] more colors of top hats
[both] gingerbread bikini
- just gingerbread colored, with white straps and piping, not made of cookies
- [both] Christmas Kilts
- red and green with a couple of jingling silver bells on the sporran
[both] silver tinsel lei and little gold thong
[both] snowflake tattoos
[AO] tin of Danish butter cookies
- reusable like the Valentine’s Day “Chocolate Exultation” Gift Box to obtain an edible, tradeable cookie
- [AO] tradeable Gingerbread Cookies
- deconstruct gingerbread dough to get a recipe, possibly involving a far ranging quest, like Chirop eggs, bottled water, ottous buttermilk from a yutto herder, molasses and a ginger-like plant from Herbalist Gerard, sugar and baking soda from dehydrating a bottle of soda, and flour from… a QL 1 nano - hack basic baking supplies shipment
- repeat the recipe as desired so we can make the dough ourselves and make as many cookies as we want to waste time and creds on
- and then TRADE THEM
- possibly some new shapes, like Christmas trees and Atrox and white-nosed silvertails
- gingerbread backpack
- or if you really want to keep the old Gingerbread Cookies “special”, make the new tradeable ones sugar cookies.
- [AO] snowman morph
- There is an effect that hides you in a cardboard box. It’s used in a level 1 daily. Maybe that same effect could be used with a little adjustment to hide you in a snowman?
[AO] snow hecklers with carrot noses and top hats
[AO] abominable snowleet beanbag
- a giant white leet-shaped beanbag, like an atrox-sized iceleet, as an apartment decoration
[AO] Krampus-like horned mutants that chase the wild Christmas leets
[both] pumpkin spice pumpkins
- I’m still waiting to see this on RK4, so how about we beat them to it?
- [both] the Gavle Goat
- like the Beehemoth, the devs and GMs set them up somewhere in Agartha and we come burn them down
- to make it a “goat burning competition”, maybe the ones who do the most damage to it get an extra piece of candy or whatever, but it shouldn’t be pointless for casual and social players to participate
- [AO] peanut brittle grenades
- break up into mouth-stabbing shrapnel and then stick to your teeth until either the shrapnel or the teeth dissolve, or both
And after I was done collecting ideas and started sorting all this out, another idea came in with some good detail, so in case you missed it in the forum, I’ll just include it here.
"I just think that the nomad/lya’s shoulderpads are extremely useful pieces of buffing armor and it would be nice if there were more opportunities to get them, its kind of frustrating having to wait for anniversary or halloween if you want to use them for buffing. The sleeves as well for lower levels.
“Maybe Lya or Miy could make an appearance during the holidays and give a mission that can reward some new holiday armor pieces. I couldnt begin to write a complete back story but it would be interesting if miy’s and lya’s backgrounds were pieced together. Miy could come to rubi ka and give players a mission to steal design patterns from rising star designer lya. Miy could then reward the player with a piece of enhanced miy’s armor. rather than stat buffing armor it could just be good armor with stat increases like AAO, AAD, initiatives, evades, add damage, crit increase, crit decrease, root resist, run speed, max health, max nano, nano cost decrease, damage shield, etc (not flat abilities, weapon skills or nano skills). For a look, make it look like a beefier miy’s armor set ( so like an exoskeletal suit) with a metallic silver and black color scheme, give it a cooler looking helmet that sort of looks like a mechanical skull with a visor or boba-fett style antenna, give the boots and pants some shinguards and a utility belt, and instead of a cloak there could be a sort of “turtle shell” back armor.”
Thanks to everyone who contributed! I know I’m looking forward to seeing what Santa Leet brings us this year! And now back to Halloween farming.