Here’s the SWL portion of the final list. If you’re interested in both AO and SWL, it might be easier to read the combined list on the GSP forum: http://forums.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29335&p=234446#p234446
- [both] Xmas thigh-highs and/or leggings, like AO’s Halloween ones
In AO, this would be a Christmas version of the striped Halloween tights/stockings, either continuing up to a low waist, like SWL’s elfin leggins, or with a little bare thigh showing below matching panties or boyshorts. Or even better with both options. And they’d have to set a low priority foot texture, too, so we can either wear boots over them or have stockings all the way down to some matching slippers or something.
In SWL, I guess they’d be separate colors to collect, rather than changing colors with a right-click like in AO. Unfortunately, there’s still no lingerie layer, (I’m still assuming you want to do that someday) so they’ll have to be either leg items with a hip part, as above, or foot items that cover halfway up the thigh, if you can manage that. If both are possible, having options would again be even better.
Also several designs were suggested, not just colors, so again, the more options the better:
- candy cane stripes, like the ones in the next idea’s drawing, in traditional peppermint red and white, green and red, or green, white and red
- white with white lace tops and red back seam and bow, like https://www.yandy.com/Sexy-Emergency-White-Stockings-with-Red-Medic-Back-Seam.php (without the nurse costume cross, and maybe put the bow on the back of the thigh instead of the calf)
- black with white lace tops, like Santa’s boots, like https://www.lingeriediva.com/collections/hosiery/products/sheer-lace-thigh-high (with white lace instead of pink and it doesn’t need the bow)
- green stockings with red details… I couldn’t find an example of, and I suspect there’s a reason for that. That might not look good. Or maybe a holly theme would work?
- [both] strappy stripey candy cane bikini
This is an example I came up with a few years ago, trying to design the rest of an outfit that would go with candy cane striped thigh-high stockings. I still think it needs better shoes than what I’ve drawn, but the rest is pretty much exactly what I want. It should work in both AO and SWL, and if you wanted to make matching outfits like this for the other thigh-highs listed above, that would be awesome, but at least this one would be a good start.
- [both] “Nice List” outfit to go with the “Naughty List Bikini”
AO’s had that “Naughty List Bikini” for what, a decade now? And there’s still no “Nice List” outfit? This idea also works for SWL, but they’d need the “Naughty List Bikini” copied over there first. Heck, they just need that anyway.
- Nice List Swimsuit - vintage 1940’s style one-piece, red with white snowflakes and bows, maybe ruffles like the SWL “bikinis”
- Nice List Play Suit - jogging gear / sports bra and tennis shorts / leotard and tights (less 1980’s aerobics, more 2000’s yoga)
- Nice List Nightwear - Christmas version of Adrienne’s Valentine’s Day Naughty Nightwear from AO
- [both] red and green pasties / nipple shields
Because sometimes the Naughty List isn’t naughty enough. If Krampus is coming for you anyway, may as well have fun with it. This isn’t even the naughtiest stuff that was suggested, but I’m trying to keep it within the established ratings. Barely.
- with tassels / tinsel
- with blinking Christmas lights
- shiny hemispheres, like Christmas Tree balls, with tinsel tassels hanging from the hooks in front
- ribbon bows
- [both] snowflake lingerie
There were two ideas that came up for this. The one that’s been on previous Christmas lists was a snowflake bikini, like three of AO’s Snowflake Nanosprays sized down and applied as chest and leg items. Like this: http://forums.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21449#p177365
The second, which I don’t think we’ve asked for before, is a white mesh teddy, almost transparent like the white fishnet stockings on the 2nd and 6th Anniversary Play Costumes, with opaque snowflakes on it here and there. The snowflakes would stand out as the part that /doesn’t/ shimmer with moire interference. Or maybe hexagonal lace so it looks like a frosted window with snowflake decorations. Not just the mandatory three flakes as above, but a little flurry of them scattered about. Kind of like these:
[SWL] “Elves are Slave Labor” t-shirts
[both] velvet bodysuit
Long sleeves, no legs, and all velvet. Dark red velvet, like cranberry or burgundy. Lace top stay-up ivory thigh-high stockings. Matching red slippers or heels.
- [both] top hat with mistletoe dangling off the front
…so you can position it over the person you’re wanting to smooch. Maybe instead of straight, tilt it at a cheeky angle? That’s a couple degrees less than a jaunty angle, right?
- [both] red ribbon bikini
Every year we ask for the “just a red ribbon” outfit, but you keep passing on it. What if we call it “Red Miiir with Bows” instead? If the Miiir outfit didn’t have all those leg bands, it would be pretty much this. Then just put a bow on it. For SWL players who don’t know Miiiir, it’s kinda like Leeloo’s strappy outfit, so imagine that reduced to one horizontal band and one vertical, with bows.
- [both] Christmas beverages
- hot chocolate
- mulled apple wine
- hot spiced cider
- buttered rum
- hot spiced mead
- and eggnog, of course
- moonshine? for those who think Plumbo is too healthy for them? But call it “White Lightning” or something.
- Moose Milk (it’s a Canadian thing - 2 parts eggnog, 1 part vanilla ice cream, 1 part rum, sprinkle with nutmeg)
- [both] red flannel or red/green plaid onesie, or PJs
Like the colorful onesies we got in SWL for social media campaigns, but less trademark icon colors and more Norman Rockwell Christmas.
- [SWL] winter makeup and hair
- [both] One-shoulder soiree dress in red and white candy cane stripes
Same cut as SWL’s current “One-shoulder soiree dress”, just make that one shoulder one of the stripes, and the rest of the dress continue that pattern in red and white stripes. Spiral, not circles, so the stripes appear to move like a barber’s pole when you twirl. Well… a curvy barber’s pole.
- [both] classic ski bunny outfit
- AO - like the Stylish Skiing Outfit, but red and white, with a smaller (midriff) jacket with the zipper down
- SWL - something less bulky than the winter gear we have now, more suited to sipping mulled cider with rum in a ski lodge and hitting on instructors than actually skiing
- [SWL] festive weapon skins
- Sword: icicle swords, or candy canes, like when you suck one end down to a point
- Hammer: candy cane hammer or giant Salvation Army Santa bell
- Fist: fist full of small candy canes like they sell in a box, or tied onto the back of your hand with a gift wrap ribbon, or icicle spikes on a frosted red and white glove
- Chaos: pie with crust on top so you can’t tell what’s in it, maybe little holly designs on the crust, or maybe just a giant red gift bow, possibly dripping with blood
- Blood Magic: Bettie Kruger’s Cursed Cookie recipe book? Grimm’s Yuletide Tales? Or maybe it’s still giftwrapped
- Shotgun: a pump action candy cane?
- Rifle: Red Ryder BB Gun with a red bow on it
- Pistol: two flintlock candy canes
- [both] “naughty” and “nice” outfits
AO’s had a “Naughty List Bikini” for a long time, but as mentioned at the top of the list, SWL still doesn’t, and there’s still no “Nice” version. How about a whole new outfit for both that comes in Naughty and Nice variants? I imagine a corset or bustier, matching panties, garter belt, thigh-high stockings, high heels, and long gloves, all in either white lace or black leather. For boys, maybe a nice jacket, no shirt, well fitting dress slacks and shoes, and a flat brim hat.
- [SWL] more Barrel Hounds
Do they have to be St. Bernards? The whole brandy rescue dog thing is a myth anyway, so why not other cold weather dogs, like Siberian Huskies with other beverages, in this case Vodka? Norwegian Elkhounds with Aquavit?
It would be terribly cute to have a barrel puppy swarm, like three of them that frolic around you and play, as long as they don’t chase the fireballs you throw. Unfortunately, it would certainly cause an uproar with the folks who are put off by the lag and noise pets cause. If there was an option to ignore (not even render) other people’s pets, that should help both camps, but I suppose it’s a bit much for a holiday patch. If you happened to have that in the pipeline already, that would be great.
- [SWL] something based in Kaidan themed around the Japanese Christmas tradition of Kentucky Fried Chicken
- [both] Christmas Frank N. Furter (male and female versions)
- white fur-lined black leather above the knee boots
- black fishnet stockings
- black booty shorts
- black leather corset with white fur trim and silver details
- [both] red and green gloves
- both plain red and plain green, as well as red/green with holiday colored trim/wrists
[SWL] H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society - Death to the World, to play in shops and radios during the Christmas event, or at least carolers wandering about and spouting eerie variations of carols in NPC chat
[SWL] candy cane earrings
[both] tiny mouse-sized pets
- mini-swiftwind / tiny pony
- little dancing fairy
- [SWL] Up Helly Aa
- [both] wearable cookie frosting
- the same frosting we put on gingerbread cookies in AO, as a chest item
[both] more colors of top hats
[both] gingerbread bikini
- just gingerbread colored, with white straps and piping, not made of cookies
[SWL] assault rifle with a freeze ray that charges up instead of grenades
[SWL] bring back The Christmas Conspiracy, please, if you weren’t planning to already
- and perhaps make it easier to keep the flute without having to pause the mission
- [SWL] new Arctic Circle mission
- perhaps a corollary to The Christmas Conspiracy
- maybe reusing some of the assets from Amundsen’s expedition
- [both] Christmas Kilts
- red and green with a couple of jingling silver bells on the sporran
[both] silver tinsel lei and little gold thong
[both] snowflake tattoos
[both] pumpkin spice pumpkins
- I’m still waiting to see this on RK4, so how about we beat them to it?
- [SWL] sleigh hoverboard
- reindeer pulled sleigh sprint, with a sleigh to ride in - probably too complicated, but it’s an idea
- [both] the Gavle Goat
- like the Beehemoth, the devs and GMs set them up somewhere in Agartha and we come burn them down
- to make it a “goat burning competition”, maybe the ones who do the most damage to it get an extra piece of candy or whatever, but it shouldn’t be pointless for casual and social players to participate
- [SWL] bring back snow blowers and piles of snowballs, but not so many fireworks, please
Thanks to everyone who contributed! I know I’m looking forward to seeing what The Ghost of Saint Nicholas brings this year. And now back to Halloween farming.