Hello, any chance to bring dragons to the game?

True, but it was never mentioned by REH nor was it ever depicted as glowing blue until the cartoon

Itā€™s definitely not 100% canon from the same cartoon that conan refuses to become a pirate because stealing is wrong, but like I said they definitely can pull inspiration from it. How far the inspiration goes is entirely up to fc

There was a dagger found in the Tomb of King Tutankhamun

1 Like

Actually, the ā€œmark of Jhebbal Sagā€ is actually from Beyond the Black River written by Robert E. Howard.

Conan turned, squatted and with his knife began scratching a curious symbol in the mold. Stooping to look at it over his shoulder, Balthus felt a crawling of the flesh along his spine, he knew not why. He felt no wind against his face, but there was a rustling of leaves above them and a weird moaning swept ghostily through the branches. Conan glanced up inscrutably, then rose and stood staring somberly down at the symbol he had drawn.

ā€œWhat is it?ā€ whispered Balthus. It looked archaic and meaningless to him. He supposed that it was his ignorance of artistry which prevented his identifying it as one of the conventional designs of some prevailing culture. But had he been the most erudite artist in the world, he would have been no nearer the solution.

ā€œI saw it carved in the rock of a cave no human had visited for a million years,ā€ muttered Conan, ā€œin the uninhabited mountains beyond the Sea of Vilayet, half a world away from this spot. Later I saw a black witch-finder of Kush scratch it in the sand of a nameless river. He told me part of its meaningā€”itā€™s sacred to Jhebbal Sag and the creatures which worship him. Watch!ā€

So as you can see, Conan is making, and describing, the ā€œmark of Jhebbal Sagā€. Thus, it is not from the Conan the Adventurer cartoon series but from the original source material which was then used in the cartoon series.

3 Likes

Frankly, what would you prefer for a glider, a carpet or the demon bat wings :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I donā€™t say that Aladin was not cool for me ā€œonce upon of timeā€, yet I cannot imagine my self covered with blood of others flying on carpets :man_shrugging:. I love cartoons, but cartoons must stay cartoons, for children, without meaning at all that the child inside me is not still active :wink:.

1 Like

Ah, so then Conan should stay for children then?
Conan

3 Likes

@Oduda
You know what I mean, Aladin is Disney :wink:.

1 Like

Actually, Aladdin is from the One Thousand and One Nights, also known as the Arabian Nights. Disney just made a movie out of one of the stories based within that work. :innocent:

3 Likes

I highly disagree. I absolutely love Alice in Wonderland.

1 Like

I can just imagine flying around on the back of a dragon and accidentally pressing the dismount button! WHOoooooooooooooopssssssSplat!

5 Likes

The story for the glider is already IN the game.

There is a dead body at the mouth of the cave tunnel that goes through the ridge in the 'claws areaā€¦if you climb straight up from that bodyā€¦you find alot of clues about a possible gliderā€¦

I donā€™t want to spoil it for anyone but if that guy had a ghost to talk to by way of some kind of sorcery then there may be a recipe to be learned ā€¦ imagine thralling a ghost to make armor from lost methods ā€¦seems like there was a ghost blacksmith we prospered from.

1 Like

Flying would be fun but I want air warfare to not exist as this will cause a huge number of problems and imbalance in PvE, PvC, PvP. But if not fighting in the sky is a fact these would be a fun addition provided the size lf the dragons arenā€™t too massive.

2 Likes

PM ME AND PLEASE RUIN IT FOR ME I WANT THIS NOW OH YES. Please and thank you!

First of all, please never this:

This is not lore appropriate, not what this game is about, and not what we should have.

Then, on that note, but in a different angle:

This is not a D&D game, this is not a Warhammer game, this is not a Baldurā€™s Gate Game (which are, if you must know, the same all of them), so no trashing the Conan Universe lore with Dumb-o-dore stuff.

It is enough to flatline a lot in games and make them all the same, and I know for a fact that I am one among hundreds, and might be among thousands, who play Conan Exiles exactly because this aint World of Warcraft. Dont want it made into one.

So no mystic dragons and definitely no ā€œfurry agendaā€.

5 Likes

I know Funcom likely doesnā€™t have time for said taskā€¦

I said it before, Make a Arena like Dungeon, thats access via NPC, or ā€œEvent Clickable Itemā€

Thats used for Events and Odd stuff. No Edits to main maps. (thou technically Arena would be hidden on outskirts outside border)

This way you could drop Non-Lore stuff in game for those that want it.

Cause Fatalis Showing up else where, or Boss from Souls Game etc would be fun as hell.

this isnā€™t Ark

2 Likes

But to be fair, dinosaurs are actually more lore consistent in the hyborian age than whatever ā€œloreā€ ark has.

1 Like

it does but to give us flying mounts will mean a complet overhaul of the game and defence of the game mechā€¦ and would have to in a lot of air defence cause the way archers are these days they are pretty useless to a degree

So in the cartoon, Conan battles Serpentor?

1 Like