Horse collision causes trample sounds against friendlies/when no damage is done

Game mode: Online official | Online private | Single-player
Type of issue: Bug

Things that go bump in the night in Conan Exiles:
-:skull: Undead
-:spider: Spiders
-:horse: Horses stepping on your thralls, pets, and other players even if the friendly fire settings result in no damage inflicted.

I find this rather irksome. Loud sounds should convey information to the player, and hearing this constantly while maneuvering around other characters on horseback during a fight is confusing. Did I run over a rabbit? Is there a hostile NPC in my group of fighter thralls? Did I trample some poor unconscious NPC I wanted to drag home and break on a Wheel of Pain? This sound would be much more informative and helpful if it wasn’t playing constantly.

Also, other players hear it, too. This means a player might get confused into thinking a hostile rider is attacking them, or simply get annoyed at another player who keeps trampling them, which, thanks to clientside prediction, can happen repeatedly without the riding player actually colliding with them on their own screen while never once hearing the sound themselves.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced.

1. Pony up and get a horse.
  2. Ride the horse at your thralls, pets, and friends.
  3. Thump. Thump. Thump.

Hey @Daedalon

Thanks for the heads-up, it’s been sent to our team so they can look into it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.