Horse key bind don't work correctly

So I’m left handed and I use the numerical pad for forward, back, right, left, etc…I was excited to try out my new horse, only to find that it will only move with the W,S,A, and D keys…its doesn’t follow the keybinding change that I made.

It’s been reported and the feedback has been sent to the team.

Meantime, you can edit the keybinds manually if you want.

1. In Wondows Explorer, navigate to —>

\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles - Testlive Client\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

1. Open Input.ini

2. Towards the bottom, locate:

Note: I changed the keybindings, these are not default

AxisMappings=(AxisName=“MountMoveForwardBackward”,Key=Down,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName=“MountMoveLeftRight”,Key=Left,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName=“MountMoveLeftRight”,Key=Right,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName=“MountMoveLeftRight”,Key=Gamepad_LeftX,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName=“MountMoveForwardBackward”,Key=Up,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName=“MountMoveForwardBackward”,Key=Gamepad_LeftY,Scale=1.000000)

Where you see “Down, Left, Right, and Up” on each of the “AxisMappings” is where you can set your own keybind.

4 Likes

Thanks! will test and report back

So here’s what I added to my input foile:
AxisMappings=(AxisName=“MountMoveForwardBackward”,Key=NumPadTwo,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName=“MountMoveLeftRight”,Key=NumPadFour,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName=“MountMoveLeftRight”,Key=NumPadSix,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName=“MountMoveForwardBackward”,Key=NumPadEight,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName=“MountMoveForwardBackward”,Key=Gamepad_LeftY,Scale=1.000000)

When I go into the game, the keys I assigned down work and WSAD don’t work anymore either. Am I missing something?

You don’t add those lines, you edit the existing ones. Unless you meant something else by add.

It should look exactly like mine, but looks like you added several lines and duplicates.

You should only need to make very small changes. Unfortunately I need to get some sleep so I can have a tiny bit of energy before work, but look carefully at the file again, don’t add any new lines, and carefully edit only the necessary lines you need to.

In total, there should be only 4 lines that you edit.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.