Hotfixes/Smaller Patches vs. Bigger Updates

This should go in next week with this patch, yes.

When can we expect the server dashboarding after logging in for 10 seconds to fix I quite literally can not play at all

When you knock out a thrall and they fall through the map, just run out of tender distance and come back they’ll be laying there. Happens to me 3/5 times when taming

1 Like

Should have like a clan/individual claim radius totem like other games, you can only build so far out from the totem depending on level of it & it needs maintained or the decay system hits the building blocks harder. Also Fix the god SET the other gods do pretty much no damage but SET does damage like its the first week of early access can blow t3 apart in 1 damn hit even if its 15 walls lined up behind each other 1 hit will blow them all up, it also attacks every 2 seconds alot of bugs an design is just poor.

I think this is funny since the official stance for being griefed with pillars/foundations is “mute them or pick a new server”

Thus far they say they are unable to moderate the official servers, Which is total BS.

Wildcard is able to take player reports and book an apt to meet with the player and resolve the issue. Granted it took a couple weeks to get your apt. But atleast you knew it was getting done

1 Like

Thank you for this post Tascha. It’s been very confusing trying to find out how/when/if the console issues were being addressed etc. (Not to say that they wouldn’t be, but it has been frustrating! ) The comms are appreciated :grinning: .

1 Like

Thank you for the update. Here’s to hoping this gets better for us all involved.

Cheers.

With the update for ps4 will the audio chat being fixts.It doesn’t work for me , can’t talk to anyone.

i won’t buy any future games from funcom. im done with you guys. this game is a mess and should be released a year later until everything is integrated.

3 Likes

Any news on weather effects not working in single player and some dedicated/private servers?

Currently rain, snow, and falling meteor effects do not exist.

1 Like

Is there going to be any changes to the bow and 2 handed hammer in pvp because i feel they are underpowered.

I love how all these people that didn’t play the game in Beta are b*tching about functionality. If you didn’t want an unpolished game, why didn’t you read the reviews. Any game like this: Rust, Ark, w/e, are going to be buggy and have issues. If you want a perfectly polished game stick with Call of Duty, God of War, or any Nintendo game.

The consumer has to be held responsible at a certain point. This wasn’t like No Man’s Sky. FunCom has been transparent about this process the entire time. It is not their fault you troglodytes chose not to READ.

2 Likes

Oh “Hi” Tascha :wave:
(first time I see you posting here after seeing you in the dev stream :slight_smile:

Nothing will stop us from surviving and building.

But pleaaase create a public buglist that we can check before we report bugs. I know of enough bugs to keep me writing bug reports for at least 3 or 4 hours (and I already spend a lot more time to report different bugs), but I currently feel like it’s not worth the effort, since feedback on bug reports is rare and there is no public buglist that we can check for known bugs (and their assigned fixing priority).

7 Likes

Will this patch solve the Problem of disconnecting the whole Internetconnection when i (or hundreds of others) try to search for Servers on the PS4? I simply can’t play the game online. To wait yet another week so i am able to Play at all is annoying enough (that is if the hotfix is actually adressing this issue), not getting any kind of information about this huge Problem is a slap in the face.

Hi Tascha,
Will the parity patch have full patch notes or will it just say “parity patch”. I have no idea what features PC currently has that consoles don’t. Thanks!

They need to fix thralls before they worry about fixing the purge system.

1 Like

My friend it’s not just ps4
xbox 1 hasn’t had any either
we are twin red headed step children it appears

1 Like

Not totally BS as how many official servers are there? You expect they have the resources right now just after launch to check every corner of every server while also fixing bugs and crashes

Thanks for the info and please don’t listen -too- much to the raging critics who claim the sky is falling. The game is absolutely stunning despite the bugs and glitches and it’s great to see progress being made on smoothing them out. I must say that I’m really enjoying the whole building system, crafting, armour, weapon, combat system and pace of grinding materials & levelling up.

I spent over a year playing Ark survival evolved every single day and to come from such a horrendous grind-fest of a game to a much more reasonable grind (and more beautiful game) is a huge relief. I see great things coming for this game, and secretly hope some of the future plans involve really difficult solo/group content/bosses/dungeons/raids. :wink:

3 Likes

I like how this game was just ‘launched’ as if in a polished capacity. That’s what that means by the way. A nearly completed product, that works for the majority of people who just bought it. That is not the case.

So when you market a product as '“We’re ready to launch. No more early access” (I. E. No longer basically in open development and ready for the masses)

So really is it too much for people who may or may not have had any idea about this game to expect more?

Absolutely not. Hell I did plenty of research on Conan Exiles, had no idea it was as bad as it is.

But that’s not really the issue. The issue is any other developer would have been shelling out patches left and right to fix issues as they came along. Hello Games even did it with No Man’s Sky, a game nearly as broken as this one.

It’s also the lack of communication. The fact that we’re told one week to expect a patch. Then that doesn’t happen. Okay, then we’re told “next week”. Again, doesn’t happen. Now it’s not coming until the 3rd week and zero progress has been made on solving problems for a game that people were basically told was “ready to go”. Not to. Mention that in those 3 weeks, not much of what’s in the eventual patch addresses the actual issues most console users are dealing with.

Like I said, any other developer would have been on it. They’d either shut up and fix quickly, or they’d communicate. Funcom is doing neither.

Playing in a beta has absolutely nothing to do with it. There was not beta by the way, there was early access. There’s should have been a beta though, at least for PS4 (since Xbox was already in early access) some of these problems might have been avoided. Regardless
 We’re past that stage now.

9 Likes