How to use chat?

This is one of the things that completely puzzles me as to why there is no default channel for people to use, such as the ones you describe and such as the one most people - if not ALL people - desire from a game. Or else, they think the game is literally dead and nobody around, combine that with having low population instances and you have a somewhat deliberate set-up for people leaving before they even enter Kingsmouth police station.

1. The chat box has a + icon in the top right, a right or left click will work and from there you can “Add” various chat channels that ARE there in the game, they just are NOT on or present by their own defaults, baffling - I know.

2. The top left of the chat box has a little cog icon. Right or left clicking on that will bring up a list of options such as “Subscribe channel” and “Font size” etc, font size can be increased a little to make it easier to see the chat, sometimes it’s not very clear with the lighting in certain zones. However the options you select from the cog - will only affect the channel you have selected from the top row of the chat box. So selecting to increase the font size from #Tells will only affect tells, same with the “Subscribe channel” option.

TL:DR
Click the plus icon, add the channels you want to create separate tabs for
Click the cog > mouse over “Subscribe to” > “Public groups” > choose what to see and where to see it

I have added separate Channels or tabs on the chat box with the + icon from the top right such as - Group, Tells, Say, Raid, Looking for group etc all of which are vital for being able to communicate with others.

There is also #Sanctuary - this is a community chat channel and the only one I believe that is actually global, so it can be seen from anywhere within the game. Something which is quite important i would say if one required help or information.
General is not - I don’t think either Trade nor Looking For Group are global channels either. There are many people in sanctuary who can help with any other issues or questions you have. All you need to do is type into the chat box the following.

/chat join Sanctuary

You will then need to use the + icon from the top right to add the channel to have It’s own tab, you can also use the cog from the top left to subscribe to the channel if you wish to view it in any of the others, I have it subscribed into my general channel so i can see it as my default from wherever i am.

Funcom - please stop making simple things difficult and please fix the issues regarding chat - this is a game and people need to communicate.

1 Like