I think the game is coming to an end and developers should come up with new Method

Not sure, since the numbers reported for January-February were as high as they were in the weeks after initial release. And the influx of players on the four servers I play on, but that’s just anecdotal evidence.

But 7000 players may have left certain servers and moved to others. We’ve certainly seen a lot of PvP players come to the PvE servers. But, the PvP server we’re on is sparse.

Owe me money because ppl quitting the game? It’s the same for me. And where i get the number? U could easily see it if u followed steam stats. It had a peak when mounts came, it was around 20k for a moment, then ofc it sinking a bit, but now it’s back to 9-11k like it has been forever.

And no im not tired of the game, im tired of how funcom is putting out updates/focus around it. The thing they call PVP for example wich is the genre I play is not PVP anymore. It’s more TvP (thrall vs player). But as long they make the players that play PVE happy I guess it’s okey. 3-4 months ago conan exiles was one of the best games I been playing PVP wise, but now with new roll, movement + all weapon nerfs it just feels sloppy and slow. Not as much skillbased as before, or tbh not at all. It’s all about numbers and thralls.

https://store.steampowered.com/stats/ , scroll down to conan exiles and u get ur answer.

It’s not really Funcom losing 7000 players - it’s more like they attracted a bigger crowd around Christmas with the mounts update. People had more time to play during holidays, and the new shiny feature brought more people in to check out the new stuff. So there was a temporary peak in player base, after which is got back to the normal levels. That doesn’t equal to 7000 players quitting - it mean 7000 more people than normal were playing during holiday season.

Statistics are funny; you can interpret them in many ways if you want to.

3 Likes

Ofc more ppl playing during holidays. But for 1 month then go back to 9-11k. Statistics are clear. They didnt manage to keep players even with mount update. And a lot of PVP players looking for other games. Something funcom does makes PvP community slacking, and it’s kinda obvious what it is if u look on recent updates.

Instead of putting focus in improving the game so the player actually could do anything by himself, its all about thralls AI now.

Yup. Ark “lost” 21,000 players between July and October of 2019. CLEARLY Ark is done for too (that’s sarcasm, if that isn’t clear).

5 Likes

Wow, where did you get this numbers? If I look for the number from steam chart looks a bit different:

Since the game is done for and all, I wish all these people would hurry up and leave my main server. It’s getting way too crowded for my tastes.

1 Like

~7k in peak, ~3k in avarage. ~20%. So that site didnt look a lot different. It will probably be more.

missing the pre-launch. The current numbers are still more than before the Update in December. The average is more important, as that is consistently playing in stretches. Peaks will include refreshers, as well as player s"testing" the waters. Not to mention alts for body vaulting.

Im ready for a new game. My clan and I have pretty much quit. We even got our own server to customize to our liking and its still lacking. Some big changes I really want to see in * CONAN EXILES 2* is :

1. A way to claim abandoned bases as your own.

2. A server setting to toggle for tools and weapons to damage structures.

3. Emotes for thralls. Sitting, specific dances, leaning, etc.

4. A mechanic for pve-c servers to “declare wars” between clans and agree to pvp settings. I have a whole idea for it. War can end after either a specific flag is taken or so much damage is done to the base, and rewards are placed in a “war chest” aka the pot like in poker and given to the winner. It would all take place during agreed upon days and hours, etc. That way casual players can enjoy the entire game.

There you have it. It’s hard to argue against the fact this game is meeting the end of its run especially whenever the next generation will for sure come with well polished mechanically superior games of the same type.

2 Likes

This has been on my Conan Exiles wish list for months now. I’m pretty sure they won’t actually do it, but it would be awesome.

3 Likes

Interesting idea. Outside the box, but definitely would lend to more game-play inspired wars, and less personal wars.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think they need to add Cross-Play. It’s possible and you can have it set where you can play PC only or PS4 only and have custom servers based on PS4 and give a warning for PC players that they’re gonna be joining a Console server and certain PC items won’t be available and I’m 100% alright with that. If other games can do it a year or so after launch, so can this game.

I read a lot of comments and they didn’t say right, just complaining and arguing.

There is no need for growth in the current situation

Just make sure

Game player number

Stable and not declining

Victory is victory.

You need to know

There are many kinds of games now

How to ensure more people join the game
That’s constant innovation

Only constant innovation can attract more players

So time won’t let you wait

You must
as soon as possible

I hope it isn’t the end of Conan soon. I pretty much gave up on every other game because I am so immersed in this. I am a platinum trophy hunter, but Conan is making me not give a damn about hunting trophies anymore. I pretty ordered Final Fantasy VII remake last year, coming very soon, not even looking forward to it that much now because I just want to play this XD

2 Likes

I agree, and truly it looks like they’ll keep up support for the game for at least the rest of 2020, and probably longer. Im hoping this thing rides right into Conan Exiles 2, coming out sometime around 2022. That is, if we all survive the coronavirus and any other plagues hahahaha

I’m gonna always keep suggesting Cross Play since it’s actually possible, but I believe the devs are just getting lazy now. But I’ll keep suggesting Cross Play till it happens.

As much as crossplay can help communitys… hardware limits of consoles compared to PC user with high end rigged…

We already have people who build crazy huge bases on ps4 just mess with people… PC user could do so much more damage.

CE just isnt a game for crossplay, and if it was given limits…then what would be the point. =/

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.