If Fish Traps REQUIRE bait, just say so .. please

Fish traps are bugged, or are they?>??

It looks like Insects and Unapp Fish are a one for one swap in the trap, but otherwise no fish in traps.

Oddly enough any NEW trap will catch on load of all fish and then it will catch nothing.

So… what’s the deal ?

It is a known bug, already reported. Once you placed insects in them they become ‘bugged’ and only work with insects from then on.

can’t even open any of my fish traps or shellfish traps in my single player game. Is that another known bug?

Fish traps are working for me in Single Player and I’ve never used any insect bait.

That being said, I’m also running a mod that might be “fixing” the issue:

Fixed Wells/Hives/Traps/Pots
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1416651472

1 Like

This is an inconsistent bug. Many people have reported their fish traps ceasing production after server restarts and after using the bait.
After the 7 July patch I had three fish traps stop working, I replaced them and the new ones worked for a fortnight and then stopped. I replaced them again and they have worked ever since.

I play on an official PvE server and since that last replacement, fish traps refill with fish without ever needing the insects or fat grubs. I cautiously tested the baiting of traps on one of them - put in handfuls of insects - it did indeed make unappetising fish from a queue but also continued to fill with other fish. Long after the insects had gone it continued to fill with random fish. I later put fat grubs in there and it queued exotic fish to be made, but still continued to fill with random fish.

this inconsistency doesn’t make it any easier for Funcom to figure out why their code is breaking for some people and not others.

Here is my experience: I have had this issue with most of my traps. I think that it is related to the insects, meaning that once you have used insects in a trap it can get stuck in that mode and thus will only provide more fish when you put in more insects. I use 2 of my traps for fishing with insects and the others I just keep as they are and this seems to works fine.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.