If You’re Interested in Siptah Lore

Hi Siptarians!

I found a summary of the original story of Siptah and Conan, called The Gem in the Tower by L Sprague de Camp.

Conan is a pirate who lands on a mysterious island with a strange, tall black tower in the centre of the island…

Grab your cutlass friends!

It’s a pretty cool story!

Read here…

4 Likes

Hey! That’s awesome! I got a question for you. Would you have a guess as to how long it’s been between the year of the Lion and the year of the cobra?

I don’t know if there is a definitive ‘zodiac’ for the hyborian era - there wasn’t one written by R.E Howard, at least as far as i know. However, given that Howard’s world is so compelling because it so firmly based on the real world I would use the Chinese Zodiac and replace the Tiger with Lion, and the Snake with Cobra.

Thank you! I’m trying to find out how old the Stygian Ruins are for a roleplay story.

That sounds great! I would love to read your synopsis if you ever finish it! I have lots of Howard literature in my study, but I don’t have the time to help out with the ageing question just now. In about a month I have some holidays scheduled…I could do some research for you.

Share your story when you can!

1 Like