Lore: Stygian Invasion of Siptah

Hi! Anyone know any timeline as to when the first Stygian Settlers were driven from Siptah? And how long it’s been since then? Im building a massive story and civilization so I don’t have the time to go through and beat everything on Siptah.

1 Like

This might help you out. Pretty much tells the whole story as far as the Stygians and Siptah (the person) are concerned, though it doesn’t give a timeline relative to the player’s arrival on the island. Also, all of the years are listed as “Year of the Tiger” or “Year of the Elephant”.

3 Likes

That’s great information! Thank you! Is there a calendar or something where I can try to track the cycle of the years? I feel like with the ruins and the state of the Stygian dead it could be anywhere from 200 to 500 years? Idk though.

Not as far as I know. But as far as the ruins are concerned, you’d be surprised at how quickly buildings can fall into disrepair and look much, much older than they actually are. It’s possible it’s only been say, 30 years as opposed to 300. We do know it’s the year of the cobra though, from the intro movie on character creation.

I don’t know how relevant it will be to you, but we do know that by the time Conan shows up on the scene, Siptah is sitting in his throne, long dead, and not even carrion could get in to have at the body. We also know Conan is at this point enjoying booze and entertainment in Sepermeru. So it’s possible we were the ones that killed him and the tower sealed up after leaving. Then again, it’s also possible he’s already dead. Or he’s still alive and kicking and it will be some time yet before these events play out.

4 Likes