Immeasurable Empowerment for HOX?

Has anyone parsed using Immeasurable Empowerment over pressing strikes for a HOX or is there any consensus for which is better?

The same for Bear Shaman or any other class or should one always do Pressing + Decisive Strikes?

Immeasurable Empowerment was used on HoX even before t5 was introduced, and even before they made intelligence increase the damage of BtD. Pressing was considered a gamble that could pay off if you crit on the right things, but IE was the stable increase of DPS you wanted. (people parsed this a lot when they were doing the latest big batch of class changes)

So yeah, then came int boosting btd damage, aswell as the the t5 tune. So when you take into account BtD can’t crit if you’re using RSoX and that hox is a class without any considerable crit chance boosters IE is the way to go. Unless your hit rating is low which is something you need to be mindful of.

Bear is always pressing in PvE cause you have insane crit chances on a lot of stuff.
DT is another candidate for Immeasurable, but in t6 I always used pressing or chromatic because you need quite a bit of hit rating there.

If you’re a fresh toon and want to do HMs, you need pressing btw on HoX aswell.

1 Like

Thank you for the wonderful answer.
So only pressing if no good gear with hit rating, ie new 80 and wishing to do hm’s in Khitai. I imagine (HOX) BB faction armour is enough to get over the hit rating hurdle. But I will be mindful.

yeah off the top of my head I’d say the sweetspots for hitrating are somehting like this:

HMs 12%+ (changes a bit depending on “khitai tier” I think)
T4: 15%+
T6: 18%+

Don’t know t3 or t5 values, but you get the idea.

You sure? Do you mean the direct hits, or the dot? Just wondering, because I tried it on a dummy, and I was definitely getting crits with the direct hits with RSoX running. The dot, though, never crit with or without RSoX.

The DoT doesn’t crit unless you run Prince of Terror (which you shouldn’t with some few exceptions). The combo can crit of course.

When people say BtD they mean the dot which is the majority of the damage from the combo. Also the only reason he’s saying with using RSoX is because it’s 1 of the 2 perks you should use, the other being PoT which makes your BtD dot crit.

I have played around with PoT a few times but only because it looks kinds cool to have demon wings for a few seconds, in which Situation is this perk actually useful? Even with 25% crit chance from gear and pots and the ability active, BtD critted like twice in 3 times letting the DoT run which is underwhelming to say the least.
Meanwhile I get like triple the magic damage and melee damage from Red Shadows (compared to what PoT gives when active) when being transformed into a demon.

some use it on zelandra for burst.

Short busrt fights ,fights with intervals where you have to stop so you get to use it when needed more ,burning multiple targets fast if needed.You have to use PoT before landing the finisher ,then you get the dot to crit.

Zelandra nuke phase ia a good example ,Chaos 2nd boss it certairnly can outperform RSoX in a high dps group ,maybe for the whole dungeon too .I used to use it on Thoth adds for the lols or Thoth+snake too.Also if fighting something with very high armor but low prot you could consider it ,since finishers turn to unholy dmg and mitigated vs prot but it doesnt have high uptime so it really depends on the fight.Might be interesting on Stone Coat +adds depending how the raid force aproaches the encounter.Yahkmar adds too ,preload the combo though :wink:

1 Like

OK I see now, thanks for explaining that. I never really did T5 and never did T6 so I didn’t know about those cases though I wonder how PoT outperforms Red Shadows in Chaos at the 2nd boss, do you mean a scenario where you can’t stand on the torch holder near the boss? Because I almost always do that and don’t have to go in for bursts but can continue nuking from the getgo (unless I grab aggro of the beam after 50%).

The pressing vs. immeasurable scenario is still the same with PoT or not.

Pressing is worth it if you’re lucky to crit on the big hitting finishers, or things like flame lash if you use that as filler. But usually all your crits are spent on smaller hits like spitfire or demon form pulse, and pressing won’t be near as good as the steady immeasurable.

The bottom line is that HoX can’t reach ~40-50% crit chance on a lot of stuff like other classes. Or SW critbuff.

If its a fast kill assuming a t5 rune which means BtD dot lasts 12s the burst you get outweights RSoX gains from stats .Without the t5 rune ofc difference might be negligible.

RsoX +DE on strawman:

[15:16] Your Burn to Death VI hits Straw Man for 979 fire damage.

PoT+DE on Strawman :

[15:19] Your Burn to Death VI crits Straw Man for 1752 fire damage.
[15:19] Your Burn to Death VI hits Straw Man for 924 fire damage.
[15:19] Your Burn to Death VI crits Straw Man for 1752 fire damage.
[15:20] Your Burn to Death VI hits Straw Man for 924 fire damage.
[15:20] Your Burn to Death VI crits Straw Man for 1752 fire damage.
[15:20] Your Burn to Death VI hits Straw Man for 854 fire damage.

These are without stacking avatar and damon maw ,no ruins or wracks etc ,so i guess the difference would be bigger in that case.I ve cut out the DE hits ,difference was almost none. Standing on the torch or not a crit BtD do will do better.Now ofcourse if the overall ddps is low or in fights that last long i guess PoT falls off and RsoX does better.

1 Like

That’s a lot of crits but I guess your HoX has way better gear (and therefore far more crit rating and so on) than mine which makes the perk more viable for you.