Impossible to kill the King Rhino

Hi guys,

As I say in the title of the post it is impossible for me to kill the King Rhino at the oasis north of Muriela’s Hope. I currently play solo and my character has level 51 and heavy weapons / armor. I have seen on YouTube videos of players who “catch” him with fences, buildings, etc. I have tried but when he is locked inside he “disappears” and returns to the oasis.

Could someone help me and give me any hints? Thank you!

The rhino king is a tough one, especially with all the bugs around his mesh. What I would recommend above anything else is trying to fight him in the oasis so he doesn’t tether away and heal; and to do so on horseback so you’re less likely to get stuck inside his head

2 Likes

Okay! Thank you very much for your recommendation!! So I will and I will tell you how it goes.

1 Like

Use a decent thrall if possible, and healing items. Good luck.

3 Likes

I will do so!

1 Like

And avoid the Charge attack. It will kill you instantly.

3 Likes

One thing I forgot to add, hopefully it’s not too late or you already thought of it, if you’re close to death and need a quick escape the pools nearby are handy. Get to swimming depth and you should be safe to heal up.

2 Likes

Can confirm. This is how he always gets me.

I can’t believe I never thought of that. I always fight the Set City one because it’s close to my base.

2 Likes

Last few times I was swimming acorss, he just stand in it with out issue and whacks you for free hits.

Inless there a set spot thats actually to deep. XD

I tend to bring 3-4 thralls who form a wall, XD
(One of my side bases is almost always at Oasis.)

In SP there not a whole lot of limits, So I often have small bases near by, that I can pick up and move thralls by hand to a world boss.

Theres abit easier ones to farm for keys too.

1 Like

I like set up there and to avoid fighting the Rhino on my way back I always swim across the pool closest to the Den. He never gets me.

After I died multiple time after getting stuck in his mesh and lost a level 16 thrall who just stood around until he died, i started using a hunting stand. One foundation, slightly raised, two pillers. Stand on the pillar so your thrall will not join you and shoot arrows and direct your thrall to come close as the Rhino King pushes him away.

I’m not proud of the solution, but until the mesh interconnectivity issue is resolved, this is how I fight the King Rhino.

1 Like

Wow! How many solutions. Quick exit to the pool before imminent death has saved me on several occasions. I will try to avoid frontal charge and maybe try a combat on horseback (I will have to practice first).

1 Like

I would get 60 before trying to kill him because it doesn’t give much besides a key you can’t use until 60. The experience you will gain from it is good but if you are struggling with it you will achieve more experience for time invested by killing more of other mobs.

If you really want to kill him and don’t care how I made a video for you. This kinda the meta for the game right now as sad as it seems.

PS- I forgot to play the pokemon battle music :frowning:

1 Like

Hmm… I think you’re right. It doesn’t make much sense to get a key that I can’t use yet. The times I have tried to finish him I have ended up dead trapped in his skin. Thanks for the video!! I’ll keep that in mind for when I reach level 60.

I also have lost a level 11 thrall trying.

1 Like

Sure it does. Just start a collection. Throw them in a chest, and once you’re level 60, start walking around to various chests and grabbing the legendary loot. You can pay now or pay later. It’s up to you. Doesn’t matter which you choose.

3 Likes

If you are lucky in PVP that the pillar lasts. I have liked PVP because the bosses can’t be cheesed like in PVE/C.

The Thrall I used had the Cimmerian Plate from Mounds of the Dead this is important because it’s epic heavy you can get from killing normal guys. The weapon is a 2h which helps with letting him get swings off before the rhino punts him. I also leave a stack of food on him so he can heal constantly it also gives him a 10% STR buff for eating. The other thing is at level 15 you get your second perk which can be a game changer. Also with levels make sure they have that +14% on STR every time from eating gruel so they level up STR heavy or you can use steak for more Vit.

2 Likes

The last time I got that hide I snuck up to within 100 meters of it and threw up a 3 pillar tall perch with a ceiling tile on top.
Once I had its undivided attention, it was a matter of time before it went down.

1 Like

Especially when you stuck inside him. Sometimes it only hits you 2 times during the charge, but sometimes you just hear “trr trr trr trr” 20 times like a machine gun, and you are a flying dead rhino: flying and… dead. :smile:

1 Like