Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Gameplay
Game Mode: Online Private
Server Type: PvE
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: Frostfall Dawn [AOC/EEWA/DARKWOODS] WIPED 30/08
Mods: Steam Workshop::❆ Frostfall Dawn ❆

Bug Description:

Several types of inventory bugs are happening, from my research this is a common problem. Often players will drop things they don’t mean to drop, items dropped on the ground will show the wrong icon, items will go invisible in inventory and inventory lags horribly when opening things from your inventory. Things like coin purses, chests, supplies from bearers etc, anything you can open at all. The inventory lag is another major game breaking issue, it appears to get worse the more recipes you have in a station or on your personal crafting inventory. The more recipes the worse the lag or freezing is, it can get so bad that a player gets locked into that crafting station and has to force their game to close to get free of the issue.

Bug Reproduction:

We’ve been told to use ‘no sorting’ as this HELPS reduce the issues but it does not make them go away, it does not help at all with the lag and freezing in your inventory. The only fix for invisible items has been either move something onto where the invisible item is in your inventory or quicks stack all into a chest and it reappears. Went on my test server, added only aoc and beyond stations as I needed to have LOTS of recipes to be able to reproduce it. I spawned in a aoc gem crafting bench, traders alchemist bench (vanilla) and beyond stations tier 2 alchemist bench. I put about 3k aloe in the vanilla bench and enough uncut gems in each of the other 2 benches to make 3k gems. The vanilla bench had minor delay, something you might not even notice if you weren’t looking for it. The aoc gem bench had no delay and also had the least amount of recipes, the beyond T2 bench had the most recipes and I froze and was forced to restart my game. I could not go back into the crafting bench again until it was done. If you use a filter in the bench then set it to craft you get no issues because its showing less recipes. I have spoken to the beyond team but they cannot fix it becuase they say that whatever changes you made to inventory recently is what has broken everything. I realise this is not really an issue for vanilla non-modded servers but it is for those of us using mods and it makes the game unpleasant and unplayable to be quite honest. Some of the fixes and ways we replicated are mentioned above, I have an entire server of people who have tested and all say the same thing. Whatever changes you made, revert them because they’re breaking the game for modded communities.