Is the guardian a good pick for PvP?

Also a good part of guard is you can go frenzy and don’t be afraid to get melt down in stun or fear. Guard in frenzy stance has same mitigation like barb? Also you won’t suffer as much from dots or aoe dmg in frenzy stance. For DT and conq it is much more risky in frenzy stance.

keywords “used to”. and balacai is not a good example because balacai can destroy on pretty much any class.

also that was before the guard nerf bro. Where have you been?

It’s a class for flagbots and it isn’t fun to play in pvp. if you enjoy it then good for you but don’t defend the way funcom has forgotten this class by invoking the Balacai.

Best guard comes in my mind who always got high kills was Berzerker (EU), but that is long long ago. As u say, that was before nerf. But there are still a lot of players around who shine with this class in pvp, look at Shainah, Tyyr(guard) and Aids on his guard. Also me, I didn’t have any problems to play guard in pvp, even though this was the first class I needed to learn stance dance. Who can play bs can also play guard in pvp.

What are you talking about. Mitigation same on frenzy as barb? Show me please because i can’t believe in that. The difference.between guard and other tanks is the guard HAVE to dance stance to get kills and cong and dt no.

I don’t know who is the Balacai but if he was good before revamp i could be better lolz. Before revamp guard was op, really op.

How much physical mitigation do u have in frenzy with guard, around 28-30% with pvp t3 gear? Around 25% protection? Isn’t that roughtly the mitigation of a barb? And a conq really doesn’t need to go frenzy to get kills?

1 Like

I never see tyyr or shainah play a guard unless I just don’t recognize their alts which is possible. Only guard i see really is a russian guy with a name that begins with a C like letter. nice enough fellow but he struggles and hes pvp 10. Best guard i recall was spaartan and that guy could play guard well. He quit after the guard nerf and never looked back.

frenzy

Frenzy stance, so where is 30% mitigation and 25% protection?

Did u feat guarded frenzy? I picked it on my guard. I also picked stone skin and iron skin. I can come online later today and make a pic of my pvp7 guard (pvp t2) and stats in frenzy.

Okay, checked it again on another build with feated Guarded Frenzy. We have 27% mitigation so your point but it’s possible only with prot/mit necklace and back instead dps. Everything depends on build and i believe other tanks can do the same because general tree is the same.

Everything depends on build, if you picked iron skin you will lose some feats from Tempest tree.

He definitely did not spec guarded frenzy :slight_smile: Which is a huge mistake on guard.

Although I’m not sure that 30% mitigation in frenzy is the same as a barb with 30% mitigation, I always felt that I still got hit harder than on my other classes with similar mitigation for some reason. Like, I’m not sure how the math is done but I’ve always suspected the numbers in that page don’t tell the whole story.

Regardless, guard is definitely still quite tanky in frenzy. Which makes stance dancing a lot more forgiving than on the other 2 tanks for sure (the CC resists help a lot in that regard as well).

I would love changes to guard to make it more interesting to play (more feat choices, more utility) but definitely not a straight “buff”. It was an extremely OP class for a long time.

But for example passive CC resists are extremely boring. Having some active ability that you can use (with tradeoffs so that it’s not OP) would be a lot more exciting.

I just have two build for mages and this one with guarded frenzy so i’m agree, it’s possible to take 30+% mit with Guard V buff. Now i have 31%. Guard doing good on pvp, we really don’t need buffing him just give him few things to make him more fun playable in pvp also in pve. I made a topic with suggestion for that you can check it.

The problem with current guard is that it’s too focused. You only do 2 things, carry the flag and make sin’s life miserable. Problem is when the enemy team doesn’t have a sin and you feel half useless.
You can not pick up the flag and then you can also try to focus other clothies which can work, but then you’re gimping your group.

I don’t have problem with focusing enemy team up to medium bear. So what’s the problem, i think it’s your playstyle.