Is there a food that cools down?

Is there a food-only (no water) that reduces temperature?

Thanks, in advance

jim

https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Food

So, no.

Thanks for the reply and link.

Regards

jim

you have drinks though (ice tea, the new rum recipes), you can eat ice as well or drink the new elixir something with v …

Thanks, Narelle, but I was looking for a food that would stack the cooling effect with ice tea :slight_smile:

Regards

jim

doesnt pure ice work?

Ice tea or ice should stack with water, right?

@Narelle, it may, I have yet to try it. My ‘assumption’ was that it is classified as water, thus would not stack.

@Aria_of_Sorrow, ice tea should not stack with water.

AFAIK, there are three classifications, water food and potions. Any two taken from one group will replace, not stack.

Regards

jim

Wait, are you talking about stacking heals or stacking cooling effects?

So, the way I read that is that even if there was you wouldn’t get the effect you’re after.

Actually, both. I just tried ice and water. The ice replaced the water insofar as the cooling buff.

Since you asked, though, I am focussed on the cooling effects for the moment. I have a healing regimen of haunch, tea and aloe extract which fills my health bar in about 4 seconds. I can spice the haunch for added heat, cool or heat the tea for temperature effects, but not get a cooling effect from any food.

Regards

jim

“– Temperature buffs no longer stack, but replace each other. Except for Water Cooling, it doesn’t replace, but stacks
– Drinking water provides Water Cooling effect instead of Cooling Down.”

Hubris (good name, BTW), I can get what I want with the exception of a cooling effect from food. All I can get there is a heal and a heat.

If there were a food that cooled, I would get to stack two cooling effects, one from the aforementioned food, another from ice tea.

I can do that with heat, spiced haunch and spiced tea allows me to run across the bridge of the betrayer nekkid.

Regards

jim

Try eating dafari bug soup and taking a sip of water from a river.

2 Likes

Darn, @Aria_of_Sorrow, missed that in the patch notes. Note to self: must practice reading skills.

Let me revisit that, it may provide what I wanted originally.

And now you made me retest heating effects :wink:

OK to bug dafari soup also.

Thanks for all of your input, and keeping me to the original intent !

Regards

jim

1 Like

So, two tests with varying results pertaining to cold:
*Repeatedly drinking from a fountain or water
**No visible effect, either on the HUD or in Stats, never got to cold, just cooling down
***My conclusion is that the Water Cooling effect is either not shown, or broken
*Dafari soup + lake water
**Regenerating health + Cooling Down
***This was effective since after a few seconds I went from Cooling Down to Cold.

One test related to heat:
*Ate spiced Haunch and drank spiced Tea
**Regenerating health and Warming Up
***Seems to comply with the first part of your quote, Aria and Hubris

So far so good, with a glaring exception. Where is the Water Cooling effect?

What am I missing?

Regards

jim

Edited PS: no effect different from above drinking multiples of Purified water

You’re playing on PC, right?

Yes, online private server in a friend’s house, properly updated client and server.

Regards

jim

Edited PS: I could also test this in solo, but see no reason to.

The sound of silence is deafening :slight_smile:

No other comments?

Thanks for the replies, each one helped me.

Regards

jim

1 Like

pretty sure dafari bug soup is the only cooling food in the game

ADDED: berry juice is my cooling down goto for severe hot raid

severe cold raid: Mulled Brew + spiced anything (or exotic feast)