Items have wrong names

Game mode: [Online private, modded]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [EU]
Map: [IoS]

At least two items have wrong names, the Stormglas Gate I placed is called a Khitan gate, and the note I put on the ground is recognized as a throne of stone (German: Steinthron) when putting the cursor on that item. Looks like some itemtables are screwed up.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Put the cursor on an item and read the description
2 Likes

I’ve noticed this on one dedicated server after the last patch too. Some placeables had wrong names but when I picked them up they became OK in my inventory. I placed them back, and this bug didn’t show again.

1 Like

I have also been seeing wrong names displayed on placeables.

Hey @Starwalker

Just before we send it to the team, you mention this is happening with the German translation, correct?
Anyone with the English translation can confirm this, or is it only affecting other localizations?

1 Like

Yes, my game is in German language.

1 Like

@Ignasi
I have seen something similar on a modded english server. placed vanilla incense box but reads as a Keg. Placed a mod placeable and it’s displayed name was incorrect also.
sometimes after logging in, the displayed name was correct on these items, but not always. The mods, btw, do not directly edit the vanilla placeable item names as far as I know.

2 Likes

This happening with English language. I put things (bowls, lamps) down on a table, go back later to pick them up and some of them have the wrong names.

1 Like

The Stormglass Gate door is showing as Khitan Gate Door. In english version on official server.

2 Likes

Russian localization as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation, everyone. We’ve sent this information to our localization and #spellchekker team.

3 Likes

I don’t want to intrude, or overstep bounds, but I want to get this off my chest, as it seems relevant here.

How does your team manage with all the data tables? There are SO many of them, and it seems like every patch some dirty edits get made to one or more data tables.

IDK if something can be done at this point about the DT workflow, but it would be great if you guys had a more robust system for preventing dirty edits. Just an outsider’s uninformed thoughts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.