I've now lost 4 thralls while dragging them home to my wheel

Game mode: official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: Europe

I have lost several thralls while transporting them home (dragging them on my chain). All of them have been named thralls, and some of them have really “hurt”.
I have lost 4 thralls while dragging them. Here are the 3 different ways I’ve lost them:

1. I’ve lost 2 thralls at the wheel - I dragged them home, no problem, but when I got them to the wheel, and I entered “E” on my keyboard to enter the wheel’s inventory, the thrall was nowhere to be seen - and, when exiting the wheel’s inventory, they had disappeared entirely.

2. I have lost 1 thrall while swimming, and hitting a rock when coming out of the water onto a beach. I was holding down “shift” (to start running immediately when hitting dry land), and since the pebble was in the way, I started climbing, just for a second. This made me lose the chain to my thrall, and since she was in the water, she disappeared entirely.

3. I have lost 1 thrall to a demon Hyena that was following me. Apparently the Hyena attacked and killed the thrall I was dragging behind me.

A friend of mine has told me, that he (several times) has lost a thrall due to him/her falling through the ground after knocking him/her unconscious.

Losing a thrall that you FINALLY manage to find is a real kick int he teeth!

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Knock out the thrall you’ve been looking for for months
  2. lose the thrall due to some weird bug
  3. take your rage out on your family
  4. Serve 3 consecutive lifetimes in jail for several counts of first degree murder.
  5. Live with the fact that no one comes to visit you in jail - well, you’ve killed them all, haven’t you?

I’ve not personally seen the 3 situations you described, although I’ve lost my share of thralls to accidentally climbing, etc. For the thralls falling through the ground, often I find that if you leave the area (render distance) then come back, the thrall will pop back above ground. I do that often in New Asagarth when thralls fall through the floor and I can’t loot them.

2 Likes

Hi there, Maedhros - thanks for your reply!

After reading your message, I logged back into the game - and, lo and behold, my thrall had actually reappeared, just as you predicted!

He was floating in the air, his body half-way integrated into the wheel of pain - so i had to dismantle the wheel (!) to get to interact with him. I then put him in my second wheel of pain, no problem there.

Yeah … the bugs in this game are so freaky, it’s exciting to see what you get each time you log in!
\o/

The thralls used to be “less sticky” when they bugged like that. I believe a player actually figured out what happened to thralls that were randomly lost, or fell through the world. They eventually ended up at 0,0,0 coords, a sort of “nexus” just east of The Breach up in the highlands near New Asagarth. They would fall from the sky, and drop down to their death. :rofl:

At least now when they bug, they usually anchor to the spot where you lost them - albeit sometimes invisible. The relog will work to make them reappear. Or, leaving rendering distance.

Unfortunately the relog method doesn’t work for single-player/co-op because the entire server is shutdown.

My experience is that it does work in single player. When I relog often I do find dropped thralls. The dead bodies that got in my way are still there. I don’t play co-op, but assume the same appies.

Ciero, try it once when you kill a mob in the wild. Dungeons often return you to the entrance, so that would not work.

Good luck !

Regards

jim

1 Like

I have fished them out of the water a few times.

1 Like

I’ve never done that, 4/0 hook?

Regards

jim

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.