Last Train to Cairo and Headlamp visibility

The missions headlamp is not giving any visibilty, on one computer the visibility is there, on the other it’s literally unplayable.

Are you saying that the headlamp produces no light on one client but not the other? Have you attempted to repair the RDB of the client where the headlamp fails to produce any light? It’s an option on the launcher. It sounds like perhaps you’re either missing a file or one’s been corrupted on your other install.

Had the same problem. It isn’t 100% dark, but visibility range drops to about 10m, and everything is at best dark grey. Even the headlamp only raises a few surfaces to about 10% above black, but a lot of surfaces stay black.
Solution:
Switch to DirectX 9 and Restart the computer. Everything appeared normally once I tried that. I messed with all of the other settings first (brightness, gamma, contrast, essentially all of the radio buttons). It is possible that Restarting by itself worked, but I don’t think that’s the case here.
I did have an excessively dark mission earlier, but muddled through it. Darkness in Last Train is murder, because you can’t see the sides of the train, cant’ see gaps to jump over (black on black), when up top you get nowhere near enough warning of the bars coming, since the lights shows up with 5ms to react instead of 3s.