Launcher button 'Continue' takes me to the main menu

Tapping Continue in the new launcher takes me to the main menu, not the last game exited, as noted in

Conditions: Single player, no mods (obviously), have entered game 5 times from the launcher.

Off topic: Thanks for the follower update, it rocks.

Regards

jim

maybe because of the known issue:

1 Like

I have a “save” in my singleplayer and brings me to the game directly, i have a level 3 character on a testlive server and it brings me directly to the server. Can you give a bit more details, Jim? Is it a brand new game you are trying?

1 Like

I had a heck of a time getting a new game to launch, and then the mouse seems to hover 2 inches above what I want to click on.

@heaventhere Interesting. I didnt notice any issues with it. Will test a bit more.

1 Like

I would agree, but I launched testlive 5 times with the new launcher and still getting it. While they may very well be connected, it’s still present in single player.

Many regards

jim

@heaventhere, that’s usually a new game thing. Two items to check:

• First, make sure your game is running the same resolution as your desktop.
  • Second, select windowed fullscreen in game settings.

You may have to restart the game twice, just to the main menu, for it to settle in.

Regards

jim

PS: @Narelle, did the above answer your question?

1 Like

Thank you so much that did fix it, I had set it but after I restarted the second time it worked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just now even tested by creating a new character on a random testlive server. created the character and left the game completely. then went back to steam and started it again, clicked continue on the launcher, then I was indeed brought to the menu but the game almost instantly got a message, attempting to join the game and a few seconds later loaded my testlive server.

with my singleplayer, i dont even get to see the old menu just the usual loading screens (UE4, Nvidia, etc. )

What are we doing differently, I cant see what you see :frowning:

1 Like

Hmmmm, differences. I had a character at 60, along with thralls and a mount pre-existing on testlive. I could delete that one and start fresh, but it’s the same as pushing the interface to live.

I have never been on a testlive server. I could direct connect once, or search for one. Is the name testlivexxxx?

I can’t stream within Discord until the game is loaded, so that would not help.

Any other ideas?

Regards

jim

More than an hour, once. The other times were less than a half hour. Longer?

Regards

jim

Win10, no battleye. I used both the desktop shortcut icon and the ‘dropup’ Steam toolbar menu.

Are you saying I should use a new character or that your prior character made no difference?

Honestly, it does not bother me. If no one else has the issue, I am quite willing to drop it.

Regards

jim

For some odd reason, verifying the files (3 replaced) kicked off a small download. Two separate events and now I go straight to the game without seeing the main menu. Whodathunk?

Regards

jim

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.