Less fog please!

As other players said…
The night is really cool, but the day is too bright and foggy.
Inside the base there is also fog and i think it’s strange.
Maybe it’s a draft problem with the chimney hood?
:rofl:

6 Likes

Since I am a visual exploiter, I use:

\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor → Engine.ini

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
r.Fog=0

Give it a try, maybe you will like how to game looks without the fog :laughing:

5 Likes

Nice , thanks i will try for sure :slightly_smiling_face:

If i try your path and i go inide Engine.ini here what i found:

[Core.System]
Paths=…/…/…/Engine/Content
Paths=%GAMEDIR%Content
Paths=…/…/…/Engine/Plugins/2D/Paper2D/Content
Paths=…/…/…/ConanSandbox/Plugins/DialoguePlugin/Content
Paths=…/…/…/Engine/Plugins/Runtime/RedShellPlugin/Content
Paths=…/…/…/ConanSandbox/Plugins/FuncomLiveServices/Content
Paths=…/…/…/Engine/Plugins/Runtime/HoudiniEngine/Content

[OnlineSubsystem]
bUseBuildIdOverride=True
BuildIdOverride=206737746

I have found rendersettings in this file DefaultEngine, but here what i have found:

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
; Disable VersionOsd by default
dw.OSD.Scale=0
r.ForceDebugViewModes=1

I can’t find the line r.Fog=NUMBER…

You can just copy/paste the 2 lines in that file below the others (with the game closed).

1 Like

Here some foggy wiev:

1 Like

Thank you a lot!!! :hugs:
Much better now:

4 Likes

Same thing happend for me when i simpli changed to windowed fullscreen Mode.

Looks good!

Maybe I missed something, but wouldn’t it have been just as easy to turn off volumetric fog in Video settings?

1 Like

Those having the issue now have 3 different solutions to try but generally, if many have the issue, Funcom should look into it.

1 Like

For me the volumetric fog setting seems to do nothing. Then again, I’m not suffering from as excessive fog a in the indoors pictures above. I just find that the weather is too white-foggy. Sandstorm (the sandy one, not the bugged one) actually helps my eyes xD

Tuning down gamma helps the worst, but since it’s not the root cause, it of course causes other distortion and issues at the darker end of the spectrum.

Oh, for the ini-file, can one set it to something other than 0 or 1?

I mean, some hazyness is there for a reason, so turning it totally off makes the world also unrealistic, but reducing it would be optimal. But I doubt one could tune it from there (like 0.3, 0.5, 0.7) and wouldn’t want to break things totally.

I don’t think you can break anything with this one line, you can always delete it or make a copy of the file before messing with it. I am unsure whether you can apply float values.

I do not know if i want this to be changed “looked into”. i just love how night lightning is atm, although i have seen some abberations. Like this…

As Narelle said, many options to go around.

i do not want to be left without this… :scream: iley:

Put the line r.Fog=0 is good, but also erase all the fog and from distance ( in Siptah ) you can see the edge of the game map ( funny ).

Unflag the volumetric fog i think it’s better because reduce the fog inside the bulding to normal, but leave the distant fog outdoor so you can’t look at the edge and the world and for me is more realistic.

Yes, with the line r.Fog i tried =0 ( no fog ) and =1 ( foggy ). I haven’t tried 0.5, but i don’t know if it’s work.
Also you can put some .ini files True to False and the opposite.
Be really carefull because you can have high possibilities to mess up all the game.

1 Like

I guess for this specific issue it is probably enough, I personally used it because I don’t like how foggy the ashlands are and removing the volumetric fog was not enough there. I also prefer the more crisp graphics in my game.

1 Like

That latter picture looks great! And fog is good, when it is suitable! It’ just the constant over-fogginess that is disturbing. I mean, sometimes if feels like some weather condition that should occur occasionally is occurring just too much. Changing weather is great, getting stuck in one weather is not, and it feels like the default weather is wrong or off.

1 Like

Do not ask me how, or what to do :stuck_out_tongue:

I am lucky that with only a simple use of F11 i can change between fog/no fog. So it does not bother me as long i can skip it when i feel like :smiley:

Yes, would be awesome if it worked, but for me F11 basically just blinks the screen when it changes mode, but there is no noticeable visual difference.

Oh but Narelle! This is an exploit that was not intended! NERF! :rofl:

2 Likes