Master Armorer Bench/ Master Blacksmith Bench not showing all crafting abilities

I crafted master workbenches and now I don’t have the option to make any armourer less than epic or any tools or weapons less than hardened steel? Do I require the old blacksmith bench and armourer bench in order to keep those options? I’ve tried resetting my feats and replacing the benches. This is currently happening on Official Server #1942. Gamertag on server “s13.freeman”.

Greetings,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It’s actually intended to help organize the recipes a bit better and reduce the amount present in each of them.

Please feel free to leave us further feedback on this change on the Feedback channel here in the forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I said it once and I will say it again: It’s bug!
Garrison Blacksmith’s Bench and Campaign Blacksmith’s are THE BEST benches and should have contain all recipes otherwise they gonan be useless - you can’t just take out random recipes…
NOT TO MENTION where’s patch notes for it then? We are going back to undocumented changes thing now?

it becomes not true if you repeat it over and over again. it’s like this since 2.1 for most of the recipes and for a small number of recipes it changed with 2.3

the intention is recipe clutter reduction in the benches

no I don’t like it either. For one thing, I can’t see a pattern to the allocation of recipes to individual workbenches. Secondly, I’m not a fan of having all x versions of a workbench just because I want to make an item that is only available in very specific workbenches every now and then.

but just because i don’t find it very intuitive either, doesn’t make it a bug, at most a good point for the suggestion section

from the 2.1 patch notes:

With that in mind, we also took a look at the crafting progression in game, which up until now was too linear, with very general choices that lead to an uninteresting advancement through the tech tree and some recipe bloat in some stations. To that effect, we are adding new specialized crafting stations with an end-game split in their focus giving them more vertical upgrades in terms of crafting power, but also horizontal progression at the end-game where you can choose what stations to use based on the specific bonuses they give.

We’re adding new specialized crafting benches make it much easier to organize a myriad of different recipes and give you many new and cool benches to build. There are also several new tiers of crafting benches, offering high level versions with updated looks!
Crafting benches are also becoming much more important with this update. Certain bonuses to crafting are now determined by the tier and type of the crafting bench you have, instead of being determined by the tier of thrall you have.
There are thousands of different recipes in Conan Exiles, and one of the main purposes of the update is to simplify crafting and reduce the number of recipes!

so it was quite intentional and is not a bug :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This has been done mainly to please the console players … as they (unlike us pc players) cannot type with a keyboard to search a craft and therefore are bound to scroll ( with a controller , which isn’t the best experience ) .

Also you have to understand that all these craft missing from the garrison bench / precision benches are low level gear , that most of the players will only use untill they can afford better gear . This means that in the long run all those receipes usage drops to nearly 0% for all the players ( with a level above 50 ) and therefore would only " take your time while tring to go through all the clustered receipes " .

1 Like

This has been done mainly to please the console players … as they (unlike us pc players) cannot type with a keyboard to search a craft and therefore are bound to scroll ( with a controller , which isn’t the best experience ) .

It’s not way of fixing things, people asked for crafting rework or favorite list for ages, they could do it better not to mention that fixing something for console while hindering pc gameplay is just bad.

Also you have to understand that all these craft missing from the garrison bench / precision benches are low level gear , that most of the players will only use untill they can afford better gear . This means that in the long run all those receipes usage drops to nearly 0% for all the players ( with a level above 50 ) and therefore would only " take your time while tring to go through all the clustered receipes " .

Also you have to understand that all these craft missing recipes from highest tier benches are not only low gear, it includes: The Glasser, Dead Leg and probably many more. It looks to me like bug but knowing fu ncom probably even dev team is not sure, it may be just bug / unintended or ineffective attempt to fix something. (happens a lot isn’t it?)

:roll_eyes:

it still not a bug… but yeah… it’s not like you want it (and btw. not the way I want it) but … not a bug :man_shrugging:

I would have to say that the most irritating thing is the removal of basic padding from the T3 armorer benches. It means that you can’t craft any of the religion armors or any non-epic armors unless you have a second lower-tier bench. It would be great if all benches could make all padding.

Alternatively: It would be great to have epic versions of the religion armors. That would both make them viable options outside pure RP, and remove the need for the basic padding to use them.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.